Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > For Sale > Golf Carts and Parts
Golf Carts and Parts *No Commercial Ads

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2021, 02:53 AM   #1
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Free stuff in Michigan

Here’s the deal... I really enjoy building golf carts. It’s a fun hobby. However, it comes with the caveat that I eventually have to sell whatever I build. Otherwise I’d have 100 carts. And that comes with the games, hassles, and BS that I quite honestly don’t have the desire to deal with anymore. “Is it still available” “will you take $100 for it” “do you want to trade for a wood chipper that’s only had 3 bodies through it”.......

On top of that, the cost of a “project” is **** near what the cost of a running cart “should” be. Now I’ve never done this stuff to make a bunch of money, but because I enjoy it. I’ve made a couple bucks doing it which keeps the wife happy. But if I do all the stuff to “break even” or lose money then the wife is no longer happy and I can’t justify spending the time.

That said, (and venting over) I’ve become a bit jaded building carts. There’s several people in my area that apparently make a living flipping carts and I’m not even going to try and be “competitive” with that whole game. So I am just gonna build up the DS I have now and find something else to do with my time. However in doing this, I’ve acquired a bunch of spare parts. It is mostly gas parts but some of the steering/suspension stuff would work for either. My DS is electric and everything works so I don’t need any of it. Lots of clutches (some are good useable clutches as-is and some I saved for parts), steering and front end stuff like Oem club car spindles and hubs, there’s a good starter/generator from an ezgo I put a lifan in there... and ezgo muffler... a couple oem club car steering racks, lots of spare cables and stuff. I’ve got a gallon ziplock bag full of club car carbs and parts. I’ve got about 3 Rubbermaid totes full of stuff.

When I moved from Georgia to Michigan I’ve downsized from a 30x30 shop to a 2 car garage and I could use the garage space more than I can use the parts.

Here’s the catch. I don’t have the time to separate anything. If I did I’d put the stuff on eBay or part it out on here, and there’s quite a bit of value worth of stuff. So if someone is local to me (I’m near Flint, MI) you can have it all. But need to take everything at once to clear it out. My garage is a mess since we moved here, I haven’t had a chance to organize anything or set anything up and now it’s just all clutter now. It’s driving me crazy and now that it’s starting to warm up I’m going to clear it out and set it up the way I want it.

BGW has always been good to me, and I’ve learned a ton here. I try to give back when I can and while I’m not “going” anywhere if I can help give back by donating some stuff then it’s for a good cause.
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-09-2021, 09:15 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Free stuff in Michigan

Nobody in Michigan wants it?

Really, I appreciate the responses but I just don’t have the time to ship anything. I’d love to be able to but I leave my house for work at 5:45am and get home at 6:30pm and by then ups and post office have long been closed. I’d be happy to give the stuff to someone here that can use it or I’ll just stick it in the shed and put it out of sight and out of mind
Old 03-10-2021, 02:46 PM   #3
amesmotorsports
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

pm sent
Old 03-10-2021, 06:28 PM   #4
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Responded.

I will try and put together some sort of list this weekend.

I can also meet at work in warren if the totes will fit in my trunk.
Old 03-11-2021, 09:11 PM   #5
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Why’d you move away? I would’ve taken that stuff. Bring it back!
Old 03-11-2021, 10:58 PM   #6
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeL View Post
Why’d you move away? I would’ve taken that stuff. Bring it back!
Send a truck with a pallet and Saran Wrap and it’s yours there’s plenty of stuff that would be useful on your club cars
Old 03-13-2021, 07:57 PM   #7
cjpenny89
Gone Wild

I live up near Saginaw and I am interested. Do you have some pictures of some of it?
Chad
text me pics 989-295-2411
Old 04-01-2021, 01:17 PM   #8
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Send a truck with a pallet and Saran Wrap and it’s yours there’s plenty of stuff that would be useful on your club cars
CP I will paypal you for a rebuildable fe290 carb! or Mine has a couple broken screws, going to need replaced. I'm probably 2.5 hours and I don't need all of those parts but I could use a carb
Old 04-02-2021, 01:41 PM   #9
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwocart View Post
CP I will paypal you for a rebuildable fe290 carb! or Mine has a couple broken screws, going to need replaced. I'm probably 2.5 hours and I don't need all of those parts but I could use a carb
Sorry man, mi biggest issue with shipping anything is just don’t have the time. I leave for work by 5am and don’t usually get home until late evening. The week of April 12th I’m off and I may be able to do something but before then, or after that week I’m just not home whenever ups is open to try and ship anything. Otherwise I would have just put stuff on eBay LOL but figured it would be easier to just give it all away for someone local. Guess not
Old 04-02-2021, 02:11 PM   #10
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Edit: just checked. There’s 2 complete keihin carbs. One is brand new, but both are just for parts unless you’re creative. The plastic holder for the float has an o ring underneath it where it sets into the carb body. Both of these were leaking around that o ring and the plastic holder things broke when I was trying to pry it off. As far as I’ve been able to find, you can’t get just that plastic piece.

I have replaced that o ring before, carefully prying the plastic piece out of the carb body. But only once. The other 2 times I tried it (these 2 carbs) I broke it. If you’re able to get that piece out of yours though you should be able to press it into one of these carbs and have a good one.
Closed Thread
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > For Sale > Golf Carts and Parts