lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-12-2021, 09:02 AM   #1
Audi/Golf Guy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Onward 2020 Lithium speed upgrades

I have a 2020 Club Car Onward Lithium and want to upgrade the top end speed. My dealer offers the differential/tires option for around $1500 but I would assume some software flash would unlock more speed, any suggestions?
FYI I am seeking a top speed of 28mph.

Thanks
Audi/Golf Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-12-2021, 09:54 AM   #2
Joshwaa
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Onward 2020 Lithium speed upgrades

What size tires do you have? I got my hands on a programmer and I was able to change the tire size in the computer to get me 1.2 extra MPH. I am trying to see if there is a way to unlock the 18" non lifted tire size as that should get me to around 25MPH. I would like to find some more options for use with this programmer to be able to tell the motor to wind up to max RPM and see what it can do. I do not want to change my gearing as I love being able to spin the tires as it is now.
Joshwaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 10:12 AM   #3
Audi/Golf Guy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

My tire size is 12" and my Cart is not lifted, hoping to program and higher speed as I suspect the battery/motor combo has more power waiting to be unlocked!
Old 02-12-2021, 11:41 AM   #4
Joshwaa
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audi/Golf Guy View Post
My tire size is 12" and my Cart is not lifted, hoping to program and higher speed as I suspect the battery/motor combo has more power waiting to be unlocked!
You sure. I thought the smallest size they came with was 18". Talking about tire height not rim diameter just to clarify.
Old 02-12-2021, 11:46 AM   #5
Audi/Golf Guy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Yes you are correct that was rim size, tire ht is 18"
Old 02-12-2021, 12:17 PM   #6
Joshwaa
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

With having the 18" tires I would assume that you would have to go with gears. Does it currently go the 19.2MPH?
Old 02-12-2021, 04:22 PM   #7
fstop
Gone Wild

I don't have much in the way of recommendations for speeding up a stock Onward with the factory lithium setup (but would guess would be limited to custom programming and / or a gear change) but I'm curious what kind of range you get (assuming the 19mph top speed they have) with the factory lithium pack?
Thanks!
fstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 08:27 PM   #8
mtollin
Gone Wild

Yea... I would stay way from after market code changes. There is one out there who offers code "4" and while it actually does work to increase speed, it will burn your motor right out. You'll smell it as soon as you you enjoy the new speed.
mtollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 09:23 AM   #9
Audi/Golf Guy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

My cart currently hits 22 mph but has an annoying tendency to surge and drop when at full throttle.
I have not measured the Range but I live 1.5 miles from my Golf course and have 40% left after 18 holes, so 27 holes with a 3 mile commute if that helps. I do know the EZ GO Elite lithium has a range that is almost twice as far.
Old 02-17-2021, 11:46 AM   #10
fstop
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audi/Golf Guy View Post
My cart currently hits 22 mph but has an annoying tendency to surge and drop when at full throttle.
I have not measured the Range but I live 1.5 miles from my Golf course and have 40% left after 18 holes, so 27 holes with a 3 mile commute if that helps. I do know the EZ GO Elite lithium has a range that is almost twice as far.
Thanks for the range info - was curious about that.

The surge / drop you refer to may be the cart's speed limiting programming in the controller in operation.

I know that several years ago when I first drove an RXV (which is artificially speed-limited like your HP Lithium and a number of other carts these days), I was impressed by it's solid acceleration, but then it would abruptly back off when it hit 19.x MPH, and this would be more annoying when there was an incline or decline in the road - speed was always being reduced or increased slightly by the cart as to not go under / over the 19.x mph limit (assuming you had foot on the floor).

Carts having some regen make this more noticeable IMO, as you feel (and hear) it dialing back the power very easily.
fstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium