lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Garage and Workshop
Garage and Workshop Tips & Ideas for the garage or workshop.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-10-2021, 08:26 AM   #51
Briboy
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: ?? about seats

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNajarian View Post
I may have come up with a solution that is simple, cost effective, lightweight and a compromise of this all the solutions discussed in this thread. . . , [/I]
RN
This looks really good for your Application.
I like the idea Let us know if you go for it and make sure you do a build post when the time comes.
Just a thought as I am messing more with mine. For now if your seats are in good shape except for the one little rip, how about disassembling the one seat only and try putting a patch in under the rip. You may even be able to do an Iron on patch with just a few stitches by hand and make it disappear.
I know they don't recommend ironing but if it is just that spot it may work.
Briboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-10-2021, 10:34 PM   #52
RNajarian
Gone Wild

Club Car

Nuts. . . I measured my cart, this item is a little small. . . I may try and fabricate one that fits and go from there.
RNajarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 10:48 PM   #53
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

I've seen all sorts of talent in here. Never sewing.

This is interesting. Following y'all.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 12:38 AM   #54
CCNorth
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briboy View Post
CC
Yes to Everything.. The 4th from bottom was only one i did not interfere with and came out the best. And that was where i quit. I was happy i got it to that point, once the walking foot is found I believe i can do this. Like I said white on white single top stitch should hide any minor uneven lines. But the stitch spacing is paramount for the strength. If the stitch length is too tight there is a good chance it will rip in no time.
Conclusion is a Semi Flat Feld is two stitches but only one stitch exposed and I think they say it is 95% as strong as no seam at all. That is good enough. I should not get too fancy Otherwise I will drive myself nuts.
Yes, to not making yourself crazy over this. And, yes, the white on white will give you a little margin for error. But, let's strive for a bit of CC perfection.
I know you've sewn with thick thread before. Just remember to get the tension setting correct in addition to the stitch length. When you change the tension and sew a few stitches, ignore the first 4-5 because it takes a few stitches for the change in tension to be reflected in the stitch.
I read some reviews for your machine and lots of people have trouble getting the tension set correctly. It seems you need to hold the thread above and below the tension discs and slide the thread up and down a few times until you feel resistance on the thread, then thread the needle.
Important tips that you probably already know, but:
With that thick thread you need to wind the bobbin slowly. If you wind it too fast it will start crisscrossing on the bobbin. You cannot use it that way. The most common reason it does this is because the thread comes off the spool too quickly due to the thread thickness and the fact the spool is mounted horizontally on the machine.
There are two things to fix it.
Make a trip to the fabric store and buy a "spool net". Mine came with two in a package for about $2.00 and you cut it to the length you need. You slip it over the spool, pull the thread off the end as you usually do. That silly little net will keep the correct tension on the thread as you feed the bobbin AND as you sew the seams. It makes a huge difference!
Also, if you machine has a vertical mount for the spool, use it. Another huge difference.

Sorry, but for almost two years I drove 2 1/2 hours, one-way, once a week to take classes on machine sewing and embroidery. I didn't spend all that time and money not to be able to share tips and tricks with my friends. Basic sewing skills apply across all sewing projects. From lace to leather, it's the same.
CCNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 06:56 AM   #55
Briboy
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

CC
All great advise once again, years ago I made a vertical thread holder right at the bobbin winder and use a small spring to put tension on the spool when using thick thread, The drawback there is having to wind an old standard spool from the large spool. This machine is finicky for sure, I have grown accustom to these things, when threading i always pull the thread looking for proper tension before threading the needle and the first stitch, you need to pull both leads and roll by hand the fist couple then let the machine take over. if you don't it makes a distinct sound and you know what happens next, that small rat nest on the under side.
This is why I broke it out Saturday and made those passes on some old vinyl to make sure I am not "working the bugs out" on my project. I also ordered an extra yard of each color so I can do the same tests with small patches of the actual material once it arrives.
I don't want to rush into my new covers and figure it on on the way.
I feel you and I are of the same ilk when it comes to the "perfection part"
The wife often makes comments about my OCD and having to make everything perfect.
My friends reluctantly help me with projects because I often don't let them really help because I cant help taking it out of their hands and make sure its done right. When assisting friend with their projects I have to continually remind myself not to be that way.
Yes I admit it "I am an A$$hole control freak"

Moon
My Mother would drag us boys in and teach us things like sewing and cooking I am sure with the thoughts she wanted to make sure we were well rounded in life skills. In High School I took Sewing and Home Economics. That is where all the Girls were. But actually took the classes.
Briboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Garage and Workshop