lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-29-2019, 12:55 PM   #1
Hubb
Not Yet Wild

Default EZ-GO Elite Samsung SDI Batteries

Hi,
I'm looking at a new EZ-GO Express S4 Elite. I will really just use the cart on paved streets in the neighborhood for a maximum of 6-7 miles per day. Any information or other threads on how the Samsung SDI batteries hold up, will be greatly appreciated. I am sold by the 8 year warranty, but feel there must be a downside.
Thanks,
Josh
Hubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-07-2020, 09:30 PM   #2
DrewATL
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: EZ-GO Elite Samsung SDI Batteries

I just bought the 2020 L6 Elite for Christmas. It’s great, but the advertising on EZGO’s website appears a little inaccurate- they say it’s a 300amp speed controller but my manual says 235. They say it’s a 3 battery pack- really it is the 3.0 (90 amp hour). Apparently they make a 2.0 (60 amp hour) and 4.0 (120 amp hour) pack. But the express models only come with the 3.0 configuration for battery pack.

Mine came with a turtle/rabbit switch but I can’t tell the difference. My dealer told me it’s since I asked him to deliver it with the higher speed setting that the difference will be minimal.

Finally- and this is a big one- they list the height with roof at 72 inches. I opted for the longer roof to cover the third row which makes the height 83 inches. 3 inches too high for my garage. Bummer. Gonna have to swap to the shorter (and lower) roof.

From a performance perspective I find it to be plenty peppy and have had no issues driving miles in the neighborhood. Plenty of capacity. I’d expect the 4 passenger model will be better. I do notice it slows down noticeably up steeper hills. But not to a crawl. It’s still got plenty of power to get me and my family up our steep driveway.
DrewATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 09:34 PM   #3
DrewATL
Not Yet Wild

Forgot to mention- on ezgo site it says 56v. Stickers on battery sat 48v.

Even with all the bad information- I would still pick the ezgo elite. Just weird that their website is so inaccurate. I think you will be happy with the S4 elite.
Old 01-08-2020, 09:41 AM   #4
MACamp
Not Yet Wild

Interested in hearing why the information was so off? Seems like a pretty simple thing to get right.
MACamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 10:56 AM   #5
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

DrewATL, there are several people on this forum that have made adjustable height double hinged supports for their roofs. So when loading into a trailer they flop the roof down 12 or 14 inches and drive in. If you want to keep the longer roof you might want to look at that as an option.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 10:20 AM   #6
DrewATL
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, looking into the roof lowering decide now. Also I speed tested mine with a GPS app on my phone. I’m getting 20mph flat, 23 down hill. 16 up hill. But that was after my dealer increased speed for me.
Old 01-11-2020, 01:32 PM   #7
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewATL View Post
Thanks, looking into the roof lowering decide now. Also I speed tested mine with a GPS app on my phone. I’m getting 20mph flat, 23 down hill. 16 up hill. But that was after my dealer increased speed for me.
If he knew what he was doing, you would not speed up so much on downhills and would not slow down at all at that speed on uphills. It would hold at 20 MPH. Max speed on that cart is 30 - 32 MPH with 5X the torque that it has now. Too late now.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 08:31 PM   #8
GoodbyeYamaha
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Just purchased a brand new RXV Elite today and am concerned about the speed for it also, it's a new 2018 and I was drawn to it after reading Bob Boyce's comments on the 2019 1/2 production being the cut off date for the newer, more difficult to program controllers. Coming from a 07 Yamaha with an Alltrax XCT I've grown used to 25mph so hopefully I can get Bob to tweek it after I get enough post in to be eligible
GoodbyeYamaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 01:52 AM   #9
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodbyeYamaha View Post
Just purchased a brand new RXV Elite today and am concerned about the speed for it also, it's a new 2018 and I was drawn to it after reading Bob Boyce's comments on the 2019 1/2 production being the cut off date for the newer, more difficult to program controllers. Coming from a 07 Yamaha with an Alltrax XCT I've grown used to 25mph so hopefully I can get Bob to tweek it after I get enough post in to be eligible
Your timing is good, as I'll be working my way south down to south Florida at the end of next week. I already have a stop near Augusta GA and another near Jacksonville FL.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 09:50 AM   #10
MACamp
Not Yet Wild

Bob, any ideas when you would be coming through Arkansas? I got on the list through usgi and was told it would be when it gets warmer. I’m trying to find you some more business this way to make it worth it.
MACamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO