lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts
Gas golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-14-2016, 03:52 PM   #11
Pondfisher
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Cushman Hawk Project 898769E - 644100

Can anyone direct me for where to check the transaxle fluid. I see the oil input plug in the manual 2701176 differential gearbox exploded view. Do you just make sure that it is filled up to the top of the plug? I says it takes SAE 8090GL-5 HYPOID multigrade fluid.
Pondfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-14-2016, 09:29 PM   #12
Pondfisher
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pondfisher View Post
Can anyone direct me for where to check the transaxle fluid. I see the oil input plug in the manual 2701176 differential gearbox exploded view. Do you just make sure that it is filled up to the top of the plug? I says it takes SAE 8090GL-5 HYPOID multigrade fluid.
I found it and added fluid. Rear end noise went down substantially. I still need to work on the brakes, my next project.
Old 03-14-2016, 09:40 PM   #13
Unforgiven
Feral

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pondfisher View Post
I found it and added fluid. Rear end noise went down substantially. I still need to work on the brakes, my next project.
i used royal purple synthetic and it helps ALOT. I been meaning to answer your question all day. just take the plug out of it and top it off. it's a plastic vent plug and after I lifted my cart it leaked out the plug. I was going to put a vent line in the plug but sold it before i completed that job.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg comex.jpg (108.2 KB, 0 views)
Unforgiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 11:53 AM   #14
Pondfisher
Not Yet Wild

I just used the Valvoline fluid in my shop. It seemed to work ok. I appreciate your response. Do you have any experience on the rear brakes. My cart use is on a sloped property and brakes are required. Do I need any specialty tools to remove the hubs / brakes? The pedal requires pumping and then the braking ability is not good once you hit them. I am not very well versed in brake shoes but am willing to learn.
Old 03-16-2016, 01:22 PM   #15
Unforgiven
Feral

Mixed Breed

Here is my brake rebuild thread:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-g...ake-shoes.html

the brakes on the Cushman are not the best to begin with. It's a heavy ole beast. It really needed some front hydraulic disc brakes. My Ezgo Hondo 350 I used the front independent suspension and disc brakes from a 300ex.

I threw around ideas of mounting a rotor on my transaxle to make a trans brake but never followed up.
Unforgiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 05:27 PM   #16
Cowboyup
Not Yet Wild

Cushman

Sorry haven't been able to work on the cart or go to log, thanks for the info, I am trying to work on my cart more over the next month, still need a rear end for one of my cushman, maybe both if it doesn't work with the new engine.
Cowboyup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 11:19 AM   #17
Cowboyup
Not Yet Wild

Cushman

Two years gone by and I finally got back to working on my golf carts, then I found a broken hub... UGH!, Who has the old parts that I need for my hawk
Cowboyup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 12:56 PM   #18
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

Cowboyup,

Welcome back to the BGW forum!

According to the Tractor Blue Book website, your cart Model # 898769 is a 1995 to 1997 vintage ... which is in agreement with Unforgiven's post #6. See: https://www.tractorbluebook.com/Equi...an/898769-Hawk

You might want to try some of the following places for parts:
Ebay
Vintage Golf Cart Parts
CushmanMotorCo.com

Glad to hear that you are back working on your cart

I have the basic manuals for my 1998 Cushman Hawk 48v Electric Cart ... let me know if you require any information ... I think that the body styles are at least similar. Find attached a scan of the 1998 Cushman Hawk Front Hub for your reference.

Regards, ThreeCW
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 1998 Cushman Hawk Front Hub.pdf (479.8 KB, 0 views)
ThreeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 04:03 PM   #19
CharleyL
Gone Wild

Cushman

You might also try www.directparts.com. I haven't needed a hub, but was able to get brake shoes and wheel cylinders and a brake master cylinder for my 1987 Truckster (not a hawk) through my local forklift shop. It seems they were once a source for maintenance on these industrial vehicles. The identical brake master cylinder was sitting on a shelf in their parts department.

Charley
CharleyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 05:06 PM   #20
SMCNET
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Cushman UTV Max 898669

I have a '97 UTV Max... Model 898669... Your Hawk looks to be identical except for the name...

I used on my job for 6 years,,, maintenance manager in a industrial plant... Retired a couple years back,,, left the Cushman outside until recently... Had to replace the ignition switch,,, throttle cable and shifter cable... Now the forward/reverse is stuck in neutral... Can't find any info on the differential/transmission...

The guy I bought if from said he inherited it and had to replace the rear end... It doesn't look to be the same as the original,,, u-bolts are too big and clearance of the pulley on the differential has almost no clearance with the frame...

Going to look for the data plate later...
SMCNET is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts