lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-03-2012, 06:24 PM   #1
lovell110
Not Yet Wild

Thumbs up Inductive Throttle Sensor

EZGO guru's,
I have been dealing with a stubborn 1999 TXT DCS 36V golf cart. Last year it wouldnt go forward or reverse. I replace the controller and it lasted two weeks. I gave in to defeat and sent it away to the repair shop where I have it. (5/29/12). After several exuses and BS stories it was done.(7/21/12) It lasted two weeks. They had replaced the controller and the selonoid and at my request all new batteries. I spent over $1000.00 on this cart. It lasted two weeks. Ugh! It went back to the shop for warrenty.(7/30/12)they said it might be the motor. Finally after more BS I got a call from them(8/31/12) offering me $1000.00 credit towards the purchase of a new cart. Needless to say I picked up my cart and took it home quite angry. This is where you people come in. I downloaded the PDF manual on my cart from the Sticky(my hero) and traced it to a faulty inductive throttle sensor. Before I become over joyed with my discovery and replacement of the part. The cart is running. Is it possible to have the throttle sensor do damage to the controller? Oh and how the hell does that thing work? This forum is the best along with the people who assist all us novices.
lovell110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-04-2012, 09:23 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Inductive Throttle Sensor

The ITS (Inductive Throttle System) is basically a coil of wire and when you press the throttle pedal, an iron slug is inserted into the coil, increasing the inductive reactance (which roughly equates to resistance in a DC circuit, but only exists when AC or pulsating DC is applied).

I've never looked at it on a scope, but I suspect chopped DC is fed to it since pure DC doesn't react to changes in inductive reactance.

If fed by a pulsating constant current source, the voltage across the coil would increase as the inductive reactance increased.
If fed by a pulsating constant voltage source, the current through it would decrease as the inductive reactance increased.

--------------
I'm not sure if a bad ITS sensor could damage a DCS controller, but running it with lower battery voltage and/or connecting/disconnecting any wires or cables without putting Run/Tow switch in Tow will.

---------------

Congratulations on finding the problem and fixing it.

If the controller goes out again, replace it with an aftermarket one that has low voltage protection.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:21 PM   #3
lovell110
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Inductive Throttle Sensor

Thanks Johnnie,
I feel better knowing how things work instead of wondering.
lovell110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO