lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-30-2012, 06:23 PM   #1
tommy
Not Yet Wild

Default Melted battery post

Help ! I have an '04 txt 36V cart . The girlfriend calls and says she and her buds were stuck and sparks were coming from under the seat . When i I get there to tow it home and flip up the seat , the negative post on one of the batteries is completly melted off the battery . Anyone have any idea what caused this and a fix ? We were fixing to haul it to the beach so I had checked connections ,water , no corrosion . any help would be greatly appreciated .
tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-30-2012, 09:44 PM   #2
AzPete
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Melted battery post

Being stuck and applying power most likely took out the weakest point.

There are posts about repairing the posts by drilling and tapping a hole for a bolt....
AzPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:48 PM   #3
rib33024

Welcome to BGW

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/batte...nal-repair.php
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:39 PM   #4
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy View Post
Help ! I have an '04 txt 36V cart . The girlfriend calls and says she and her buds were stuck and sparks were coming from under the seat . When i I get there to tow it home and flip up the seat , the negative post on one of the batteries is completly melted off the battery . Anyone have any idea what caused this and a fix ? We were fixing to haul it to the beach so I had checked connections ,water , no corrosion . any help would be greatly appreciated .
This is always caused by a poor connection! It may be the terminal end on that cable too! A poor connection causes heat. Even if the cable's terminal was the cause, the heat will conduct to the soft lead in the battery post and melt it. I would replace that cable ( or crimp and solder a new terminal on it ), after you do the battery repair. The only way to properly clean the cable ends and battery posts is to remove the cables one by one, and clean both the battery post and terminal end to bright metal. Then put a protective coating for battery posts ( or Vaseline ) on them.
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:40 PM   #5
tommy
Not Yet Wild

Thanks , I'll give it a shot
tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:36 PM   #6
Edwardlmcc
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I had this happen to one of my Trojan Battery and a local repair shop sent it to the factory they replaced the terminal and returned it a week later and it cost me $15.00. The shop where I had purchased it told me the only thing I could do is buy a new one from him for $105.00. This happened about 4yrs ago.
Edwardlmcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO