lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-31-2010, 09:33 PM   #1
Moondog317
Not Yet Wild

Default Voltage tests fine, but only single speed

Here's one for you. I have an electric boat.The perfect cocktail cruiser. The drive is nothing more than a 36 v. golf cart. No speed control, just a 5 position {R2,R1,N,F,F2} snap switch and a couple diodes wired in. Everything worked fine until a magnet got loose in the moter and made a grinding sound. Pulled the motor out and had the magnet repaired. Put it back in and now only 1 speed reguardless of swith position. I realized today, that I get 17+ volts on low and 34 on high, either direction with the motor leads disconnected, but only 17 at the motor with the leads hooked up. I checked all four brushes and continuity from the terminals to the brushes and all looks good.
Motor is a Peerless 36 v.
I'm puzzled, any ideas out there?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EP wiring diagram (Medium).JPG (32.1 KB, 11 views)
Moondog317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-03-2010, 09:22 AM   #2
Moondog317
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Voltage tests fine, but only single speed

What no ideas here?
Moondog317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 06:47 PM   #3
Justin_NY
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Voltage tests fine, but only single speed

Did you figure it out?

That isn't the true schematic. That's just your main wiring diagram for the batteries showing the polarity protection in the control box. You need a resistor, scr circuit, or transistor in there to change the voltage. But if you're seeing the voltage change I'd say you have a seized bearing in the motor or have some sort of alignment issue when you re-installed it. Worst case, the motor shorted and damaged the control circuit when it failed.
Justin_NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts