lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-26-2010, 11:56 AM   #1
Cuz
Gone Wild

Default Converting from 5 sol Cart to Controller

First of all, what year did Club Cars change from a 5 solenoid cart to a controller cart?

Second, has anyone ever converted from a 5 solenoid cart to a controller and if so, what was all involved? Was is difficult and/or require any fabrication, etc? I would assume the only main issue might be the throttle linkage?

If this already beed discussed, please feel free to provide a link to that discussion..

Thanks
Cuz
Cuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-26-2010, 11:59 AM   #2
golfcarfixer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Converting from 5 sol Cart to Controller

They switched to controller carts in 93.
golfcarfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 02:39 PM   #3
impalass88
Gone Wild

Club Car

Hi cuz!

Switching to solid state controller requires a new throttle box ( Curtis PB-6), heavy duty solenoid, controller, and heavy duty forward and reverse switch. There is some fabrication work to get the throttle to work. I just converted my Club Car resistor cart to 48 volt controller cart. Here is a link to a thread that covers this. I have posted alot of info in here to help someone else out.

Where in Michigan are you located? I am in Wyoming (suburb of Grand Rapids) and could help if you needed it.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-48v-conv.html
impalass88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 02:49 PM   #4
Cuz
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by impalass88 View Post
Hi cuz!

Switching to solid state controller requires a new throttle box ( Curtis PB-6), heavy duty solenoid, controller, and heavy duty forward and reverse switch. There is some fabrication work to get the throttle to work. I just converted my Club Car resistor cart to 48 volt controller cart. Here is a link to a thread that covers this. I have posted alot of info in here to help someone else out.

Where in Michigan are you located? I am in Wyoming (suburb of Grand Rapids) and could help if you needed it.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-48v-conv.html
You da man, that is exactly what I was looking for and great pictures too!! I already have the new motor installed and I'm going to be converting to a Rack & Pinion steering soon so I can turn these 24" tires, which is currently a PITA right now with the old style manual steering box..

I'm located about 20 miles east of Gaylord (up north).. Actually I grew up in the Livonia area but moved up and have been here for 20 years now.

Cuz
Cuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 03:01 PM   #5
impalass88
Gone Wild

Club Car

Sweeeeet!!!

It's too bad you aren't closer. I wasd hoping you were by the Grand Rapids area, I would have loved to help you out. If you need any advice just send me a PM and I will do my best to help you out. Good Luck!!!
impalass88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car