lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-06-2009, 08:49 PM   #1
Pullit
Gone Wild

Default Point me in the right direction Please

I am new to the whole cart thing and I have alot more questions than I know what to do with.
First off, let me say I just found this site and really like it.

I am a hunter and a clay target shooter and would like to build a cart to this end. There are hills and hollows but most all driving will be done on logging roads, trails, or fields. I don't plan on doing any mudding or jumping. I don't care about drag racing the cart either.

OK, now you know what I plan on using the cart for, what do I need.
I am thinking an EZ-Go, but should I go with a Fleet (series), or PDS?

I think I will put a spindle lift on it and bigger tires, so I am guessing I will need a new controller and bigger cables, but what else?

At a later date, is it just a matter of adding two more batteries if I want to go from 36 to 48 volt?

I am sure I will have a lot more questions but I am just starting out and don't have the money to screw up, so I need to get it right the first time.

Here is my budget:
$1500-2000 cart
$200-250 lift kit
$350-400 tires
$350-400 controller

If I am off on my numbers any help would be appreciated

Thank in advance
Pullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-06-2009, 08:59 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Point me in the right direction Please

Your budget looks pretty good ...... don't get caught up in a lot of extras and you can do it.... Look for a series cart and run the orig 36v motor on 48v... Many have done it with a controller and solenoid change. Look for a series cart (not pds, not DCS!) needing batteries as new as you can afford. That way you can buy six 8v batteries and know they are new Trojans not some old junk.... Something to think about....
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 09:14 PM   #3
Pullit
Gone Wild

Thanks for the advise.
What is a good price for a cart in need of batteries?

So far I have found a 2004 (series) with 2008 trojan batteries for about $1850, and a 2003 (series) with 2007 trojans for $1800

The dealers around here keep pushing me away from the series and toward the PDS carts. That is the reason I ask the question about series vs PDS. From what I have read so far on here and other sites, I thought I wanted the series but was afraid I was missing something.

thanks
Pullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:07 PM   #4
dougmcp
Gone Wild

ScottyB is pointing you in the right direction.
If you are not going to use this cart in the traditional golf or street mode, the series carts are nearly bullet proof and can be changed to do just about anything you want. 36v series motors can be humped as high as 72v without a lot of issues and all the electrical is relatively simple and easy to maintain. Installing lift kits and larger tires generally only require a cable and controller upgrade if you're happy with the speed.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:56 PM   #5
BlackHornet
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

well to get 25mph, youre most likely going to have to do or have some upgrades and the PDS carts are wired a little differently and so like was just said, its more easy to upgrade a series
BlackHornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO