lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-15-2012, 10:32 PM   #1
n2mudn
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default melted battery and hot wires

i have a 2004 ezgo txt pds 36 volt. i bought it about 2 mths ago. the guy i bought it from said he put 6 new trojan batteries in it. just today it stopped running. so i checked it ou.t i found the lead coming from the control box had melted the negative post of the first battery. so i went out and bought a new battery. before i took it for a run after replacing the melted battery i checked out this forum and many more. the better part of the info i found was all leading to a bad connection. i removed all of the battery lead wired. cleaned them and reinstalled them using dielectric grease. took for a run afterwards and noticed both wires coming from the control box was very hot. the negative lead more than the positive.
n2mudn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO