lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-26-2019, 03:22 PM   #1
brpeddicord
Not Yet Wild

Exclamation 80's Club Car Solenoid Upgrade

I bought an early 80's 36V club car that has the 5 solenoid setup. The main solenoid (the one furthest to the driver side) was getting super hot and I think I torched it. I was going to replace all the solenoids at once but from everything I've read the OEM replacement solenoids have a high failure rate. I want to crusie the neighborhood and the cart does have a lift and large tires. Everything else is stock.

I'm planning on replacing all of the solenoids, but can I beef up just the one solenoid that failed? Will it even help? I believe this is the solenoid that is engaged when the pedal is fully engaged.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
brpeddicord is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car