lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-05-2018, 08:24 AM   #1
Ezgo0602
Not Yet Wild

Default Inductive Throttle Sensor?

2004 TXT 36V Series Cart. New solenoid, new batteries, new connections and wiring. Fwd/Rev lever is by my leg. Turn key, solenoid clicks but does not move, will crawl at about 1 mph in both Fwd and Reverse. Is this any symptoms of a bad Inductor Throttle Sensor/ Microswitch under the floor mat in pedal box? I’ve done checked everything! Please help!
Ezgo0602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-05-2018, 11:03 AM   #2
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Inductive Throttle Sensor?

Is this an old problem or a new problem after you replaced everything mentioned? Microswitch not likely problem. If it was bad it wouldn't move at all. It might be the inline connector between the pedal box and controller that contain the microswitch and Inductive Throttle Sensor (ITS) circuits. Trace wires from pedal box in battery compartment and locate a small four pin connector. Check it for corrosion and/or poor connections. That is about all I know about golf carts.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 11:38 AM   #3
Ezgo0602
Not Yet Wild

I picked up the cart from a guy who was starting to restore it. I put new batteries in it and it ran great for a couple of days. Then randomly it would slow down to a crawl, then when you turn the key on and press the pedal nothing happens. This would go on on and off for a few days, it would run fine for a few, then die out and not run at all for a day or so. Now when I turn the key the Solenoid (which is new) clicks but when you press the pedal nothing happens. It just goes in forward and reverse at about 1 mph.
Old 06-05-2018, 01:08 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

And what is the battery pack voltage reading when the cart is traveling 1mph with the pedal to the floor?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 01:57 PM   #5
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezgo0602 View Post
I picked up the cart from a guy who was starting to restore it. I put new batteries in it and it ran great for a couple of days. Then randomly it would slow down to a crawl, then when you turn the key on and press the pedal nothing happens. This would go on on and off for a few days, it would run fine for a few, then die out and not run at all for a day or so. Now when I turn the key the Solenoid (which is new) clicks but when you press the pedal nothing happens. It just goes in forward and reverse at about 1 mph.
The solenoid should not click until you switch key on AND press the pedal. That indicates the microswitch and or pedal linkage may be defective or misadjusted. You need to be careful messing around in wiring with switch on. It may suddenly take off and run over something/somebody without having to press the pedal. That is something else I learned working on an old cart of mine like the one you have. And another thing I retained is troubleshooting many electo-mechanical devices will insult your intelligence but nothing rubs it in like a golf cart. Get your DVTM and make some voltage measurements like Scottyb suggested.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 02:04 PM   #6
Ezgo0602
Not Yet Wild

I’ve put the meter to everything in sight. All batteries are reading 6.7V while doing load test, it is showing 39V entering the controller per the meter. Reverse buzzer beeps loud when in reverse. Batteries are all new and seem strong.
Old 06-05-2018, 02:13 PM   #7
Ezgo0602
Not Yet Wild

Also worth noting, when I got the cart and put the new batteries in it ran strong and normal. Then it would randomly lose power and go down to a crawl. If I let it sit about a day without using, it would then work normal again for a couple of days. It ran great all last weekend, but then died again and hasn’t ran since. That kind of makes me think it may be a sensor or something that was slowly going out over time? You guys would know better than I would. Appreciate the help!
Old 06-05-2018, 02:29 PM   #8
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Did you try the connector mentioned in post #2?
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 02:47 PM   #9
Ezgo0602
Not Yet Wild

I have but am going to double check it again this evening when I get home. I will reply back. Thanks guys.
Old 06-05-2018, 02:50 PM   #10
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

It's probably a long shot. Mine would act up several times a year. Either the solenoid didn't click, or when it clicked, it didn't go. Never had it go slow, but with bad intermittent connections...
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO