lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-21-2012, 10:49 PM   #1
hilla
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Next build :)

I'll start this build with a little info on my current fleet, or at least that's what my wife calls it. My first cart is a 2000 G16 with a rear seat, stock engine, 6" lift, 23" tires and a roof mounted stereo. Number two is a 2001 G16 with a cargo bed on it, 23hp big bock vanny, 6" lift, 23" tires and a mechanical rear disc brake set up. Number 3 is a G1, not sure on the year, I had to put a new cylinder and piston in it and from there its all stock running post mix fuel. Number 4 is an 2005? ST4x4 bone stock and a total hoot to drive in the mud.

I just picked up a 2001 G16 with a blown motor. It's a little rough but I can see the potential. Since my wife just started driving the carts this past weekend I'm going to build this one for her. It's been raining here all week so I don't have any pictures of it yet, as soon as it clears up a bit I will post some.

I'm going to start this one by taking the body off and heading to the car wash to clean everything up. If all goes well I will have it up on stands, torn down with body off and get the chassis and body painted this weekend. I have ordered the 18hp Vanny from CPP and a Jakes long travel kit and front disc brake kit for it that should be here in a week or so. Hopefully the wife will be a little forgiving for what I have done to the check book with the parts I order when I tell her that this one is hers
hilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:06 PM   #2
hilla
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: Next build :)

I got a chance to get a picture tonight. I also removed the body and took it and the rest of the cart to the car wash tonight. All cleaned up and ready to start the tare down tomorrow. Its a little rough but I think it will turn out okay. Going to try to paint the chassis black and the body blue this weekend. It won't new one of those mile deep awesome paint jobs that I've seen on some of the cart posted here. It will just be a blue paint job that will take some abuse going down through the creek and trees and mud
Old 03-23-2012, 10:25 PM   #3
hilla
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Fairly productive day today. Got it up on stands and started with welding on new bolts for the roof mounts on the front. I decided to go with larger bolts since my experience with the factory ones on my other two G16's has shown me they are a weak link (welded or replaced each of them already). I then removed the tires, engine and shocks. I then spent some time cleaning the last of the mud and dirt off the chassis that I didn't get at the carwash. I also broke the throttle cable while removing the engine. As I understand it, you aren't having any fun unless something brakes. I taped off some of the wires and and a few other bits that I don't want painted. I then started on the body, removed all the decals and numbers that were on it and smoothed out the rougher spots with with a die grinder running very slow with a scotch brite type disc.

As you can probably tell this won't be a show cart, just a decent looking one that will see plenty of tree limb scrapes and mud

My wheels and tires also came in today, forgot to get a picture of them though.
If everything goes as planned I should be done in about 2-3 weeks. Jakes long travel has been ordered as well as an 18hp Vanguard and a roll cage/rear seat from Outback Custom fabricators. Not sure on the roll cage, it may be at least 3 weeks before it gets here.

Old 03-24-2012, 05:49 PM   #4
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Sweet man!

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:43 PM   #5
hilla
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Got the chassis and body painted today. Spent the rest of the day playing in the mud with the other carts :thumb up:

Old 03-25-2012, 05:22 AM   #6
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

Looking great, and what color blue is that?!
bokeasmowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 07:38 AM   #7
hilla
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Sorry about the blue thing, had to put that on here in case my son read this. I had been telling the kids that it was going to be blue and they couldn't believe it. They were all gone yesterday morning when I painted it and when they got back it was red. I had to ask them if they really thought I was going to paint something blue. I have a thing for red, if I'm painting, it's going to have a least a little red in it.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:42 AM   #8
Schunter
Gone Wild

Club Car

Lookin good nice wheels..
Schunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:08 PM   #9
hilla
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

I got the lift kit and my engine in. I started on the front end tonight and disassembled it to start the lift install. I had to repaint the front body tonight, I laid it down wrong while the paint was wet and ended up with a big gash in it. Broke out the sander and smoothed out the gash, repainted the hood and a few other bits since I was painting. A couple of them may be a little hard to recognize, I made a couple of cup holders for my St4x4. If all goes well I will have the engine and lift installed and the body put back on and maybe even take a test drive this weekend. I have committed most of my Saturday this weekend to work with the fire department on our annual city park clean up, so hopefully the cleanup will go quick and I can get back to the cart building at a reasonable time. I guess the fire department thing explains my affliction for red paint
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012-03-27_19-31-28_956.jpg (208.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-27-2012, 10:00 PM   #10
Tonka329
Smoov az a gravy sammich

Yamaha

Love the red! Looks good and keep them pics rolling!
Tonka329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!