lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-24-2018, 09:43 AM   #1
wmesmith
Not Yet Wild

Default 1991 Ezgo Marathon Rear End Question

Im building a hunting cart. Does anyone sell a locking or limited slip kit or a gear assembly for a 1991 EZGO Marathon 36 volt. I've attached a photo of my Buggy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180923_155509.jpg (253.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20180923_152022.jpg (228.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20180923_155733.jpg (249.4 KB, 0 views)
wmesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 09:01 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 1991 Ezgo Marathon Rear End Question

There are aftermarket kits available, and a Posi from Ezgo available.

I put a used posi from a Rxv in my Marathon axle, it fit just fine. (Rxv electric has Posi from the factory).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 09:14 PM   #3
wmesmith
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the info
Old 09-25-2018, 05:41 AM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
There are aftermarket kits available, and a Posi from Ezgo available.

I put a used posi from a Rxv in my Marathon axle, it fit just fine. (Rxv electric has Posi from the factory).
cgtech....are you saying you just swapped out the entire gear set into your diff. OR you swapped an entire RXV rear axel ?
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 06:53 AM   #5
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
cgtech....are you saying you just swapped out the entire gear set into your diff. OR you swapped an entire RXV rear axel ?
He said the Posi unit, which would be the spider gear assembly. The gears and the carrier they are in. The ring gear bolts to that. What makes a unit posi is friction washers under high tension during assembly that limits the ability of the spider gears to rotate. The limited slip additive lubricates the friction washers with a friction modifier that allows the friction wahers shimming the spider gears to rotate rather than break when under great stress.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 09:47 AM   #6
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
He said the Posi unit, which would be the spider gear assembly. The gears and the carrier they are in. The ring gear bolts to that. What makes a unit posi is friction washers under high tension during assembly that limits the ability of the spider gears to rotate. The limited slip additive lubricates the friction washers with a friction modifier that allows the friction wahers shimming the spider gears to rotate rather than break when under great stress.
Hi Bob, and I understand how it works, and the parts involved. since I an not versed in RXV carts, my question was more if he was saying that all that needs to be changed out is the "GUTS" and they would work in his existing case. considering its a different model and quite a newer rear end, it wouldn't surprise that the parts would not work. and a complete rear end would be needed. THAT'S was my question.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 10:40 AM   #7
wmesmith
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
Hi Bob, and I understand how it works, and the parts involved. since I an not versed in RXV carts, my question was more if he was saying that all that needs to be changed out is the "GUTS" and they would work in his existing case. considering its a different model and quite a newer rear end, it wouldn't surprise that the parts would not work. and a complete rear end would be needed. THAT'S was my question.
I was wondering the same thing been searching for more information. Not finding much.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO