lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-20-2010, 02:01 PM   #1
ccsmith51
Not Yet Wild

Default Who makes Powertron batteries?

I recently purchased six Powertron P2000G 6 V batteries for my 1990 EZ-GO cart. They replaced six 2005 Trojan 105 batteries.

I also purchased a DPI 36C018 automatic battery charger. This charger has a mode selector that allows the charger to perform the correct charge algorithm for the particular battery manufacturer:

Mode 1 US Battery batteries
Mode 2 Trojan batteries
Mode 3 Exide Flooded batteries
Mode 4 Full River / Enersys batteries

The charger is shipped from the factory set in Mode 2.

In reading the Sticky Golf Cart Battery Comparison from 2008, US Battery has what appears to be the same model number (2000) as the Powertron. This leads me to think that perhaps US Battery makes Powertron. If this is the case I need to change my charger to Mode 1.

I called and checked with DPI tech support, but he had never heard of Powertron. He said leave it on Mode 2 and "I should be fine." However, since he doesn't know who makes the batteries, I am hesitant to take his advise without some research.

So, does anyone know if Powertron makes their own batteries? If not, does anyone know who does? Thank You.
ccsmith51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-20-2010, 02:43 PM   #2
bolter
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Who makes Powertron batteries?

With the DPI charger, if it's in the wrong mode, and cant charge the batteries, it will show they are charged after about 20 minutes. The Diagnostic might also show an error, but to the best of my knowledge you will do no permanent damage to the batteries.
bolter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 04:01 PM   #3
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

I sell powerton batteries. I have sold over 500 batteries in the last 6 mths with no issues. My distributor in town has sold over 1500 since february. They are sold by Safestart. The Safestart rep told me they are Korean made batteries. That is all the info I have of now. I havn't seen one of these DPI selectable mode chargers, but the rep said the powerwise charger is OK to use.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 10:44 AM   #4
ccsmith51
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the help. I looked at Safe-Start and found that they sell both Powertron batteries and DPI chargers. I asked them the question and they said to set the charger for Mode 2, Trojan batteries.
ccsmith51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 11:23 AM   #5
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

Thats good to know. Thanks for the update.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO