lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-22-2022, 09:20 AM   #1
Shinerlight
Not Yet Wild

Default 2008 RXV won't move

Ok guys, hoping somebody on here can steer me in the right direction, because my wallet is getting really light, and it still won't move. Brand new set of 1275's, new solenoid, and brand new brake. This is the kicker, if you push the cart a little, the brake releases, and it takes off and runs like a new one. It shutters a little at first, kinda like the brake is sticking, but then runs smooth. Stop it, and back to nothing. I've read encoder bearing, possibly the controller? I just hate to drop another $600, and it still won't work.
Shinerlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-22-2022, 01:21 PM   #2
rngilliland
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2008 RXV won't move

Loosen the three bolts that hold the brake on until the brake can move a little. Put the cart in neutral and flip the run/tow switch a few times. Make sure you hear the brake release. Then with the run/tow switch in tow, tighten the bolts to between 30 to 50 inch/lbs.
If you don't have a torque wrench only tighten them until the lock washers are compressed.
rngilliland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 01:55 PM   #3
Shinerlight
Not Yet Wild

When it's in tow mode, everything is free, it rolls fine. I don't think it's the brake at this point, whatever is telling it to stay engaged has to be the problem.
Shinerlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 09:23 PM   #4
cartdoc1969
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Make sure the three bolts that secure the brake are clean, free of rust and corrosion. If the bolts were overtightened it can warp the plate and ruin the brake. Also make sure the motor surface and shaft is clean.
cartdoc1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO