lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-08-2012, 06:02 AM   #11
army
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: ME29 transaxle info

I actually found a second cart with a good 4 stroke rear end and the shifter mechanism/linkage was all there and working properly. Didn't have to fabricate anything and I have a spare rear end now. It's always like that. I find what I need after a lengthy search and then another one pops up right away. I was lucky too that both rear ends were for coil spring suspension so no mods required to mount them. They just bolt right in.
army is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-14-2012, 12:20 PM   #12
rjc799
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I know this is an old thread (but at least I did a search.... lol), what years had the coils for the ME29?

I want to be on the lookout for one somewhere close to me and knowing what years will bolt right up would be helpful.

Thanks,
Ron
rjc799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:41 PM   #13
Slamminsam
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

my 94 has coils. its the marathon (GXT-804). bought an allsports 4" lift for it and then built my own 8" instead.
Slamminsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:13 PM   #14
rjc799
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Is 94 the first year? Anyone know the last year?
rjc799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:09 AM   #15
cmu_baja
Not Yet Wild

Hi I had a quick question, does anyone know what is the weight of just the ME29 transaxle with out the axles and axle tubes?

also do you know where i could find aftermarket gears to change the ratio to a deeper gearing like a 15:1 or something close.
Thanks
cmu_baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 06:26 PM   #16
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

The whole thing weights well over 100lbs., very hard to lift off the floor. I'd guess the axles and tubes are going to be in the 40-50 lb range minimum. These are just guesses. I can't find anything with the exact weights associated. Probably the only way is to measure them independently.

So....you want a really really low gear? What kind of rig is this for?
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 08:52 PM   #17
nota
Gone Wild
Yamaha

speaking of gears
is there a list of axles with ratios
both gas and battery

to the guy who wants lower/slower gears
el axles are mostly lower then gas

and that brings up the question
will any gas axles swap gears with the lower el axles or other internal bits ?
nota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 06:08 AM   #18
army
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I think you're pretty close Slo. I've picked up an ME29 transaxle with the axles and hubs/brakes still attached and the weight feels about the same as two 50 lb bags of fertilizer (I'm an old farm boy).
army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 08:13 AM   #19
cmu_baja
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
The whole thing weights well over 100lbs., very hard to lift off the floor. I'd guess the axles and tubes are going to be in the 40-50 lb range minimum. These are just guesses. I can't find anything with the exact weights associated. Probably the only way is to measure them independently.

So....you want a really really low gear? What kind of rig is this for?
Darn that's what I was afraid of I need something light, but thanks for the info and to answer your question it's for our SAE's mini baja car. What we need is something super low and light in order to stay competitive. We have used the Dana H12 FNR trans-axle which is geared 13.33:1 but we still are not getting maximum performance out of our CVT's so we are trying to go low to make them happy and make up the speed with a taller tire. Anyways would you guys know of anything that weighs close to 33 lbs and has high low neutral and reverse? With some deep gearing. (I know I'm asking a lot lol)

Thanks
cmu_baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!