Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > For Sale > Golf Carts and Parts
Golf Carts and Parts *No Commercial Ads

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-14-2021, 02:30 PM   #1
BlueChez1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Best way to sell something online and be safe?

All,

I have another member on the site here that wants a part I have. I have never sold anything online before. What is the best way to sell to a private party and protect both sides? One side getting a working part and the other getting paid.

The controller that I have was working when it was removed but someone could claim that it doesn't work when they get it or damage it on install and then claim it doesn't work. This has not happened and I have no reason to suspect the purchaser but I didn't fall off the turnip truck yesterday either.

TIA!
BlueChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-14-2021, 04:19 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Best way to sell something online and be safe?

Using Paypal for the $ transaction will protect both parties somewhat. However there is absolutely no way to protect against all risks on either side. It's a bit of a leap of faith.
Contact the person first and talk with them about their cart. Then make a gut level decision on whether or not you are willing to trust the individual.
I have done this hundreds of times and really only got screwed twice.

GL with the sale.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 05:42 PM   #3
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Get your money before you ship. Get your $$$ in a Post Office Money Order. Do not take a personal check. Take the Post Office MO to the Post office and they can verify it's real. If it's not to big of an amount, they can cash it for you.

Make sure your communication states "Sold as is, no returns, no refunds."

Can't get any more clear than that.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 06:58 PM   #4
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

I have sold and bought through this site and NEVER had a problem with another member. PayPal is the easiest way to pay.
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 09:25 PM   #5
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Agree with swan. I’ve never had a problem with anyone on this site. Especially if it’s someone that’s been a member for more than a week

Otherwise, I won’t do anything online unless it’s through eBay. Sometimes it’s worth the peace of mind to pay a few bucks for their fees, I e only been burned once on eBay and that was like 15 or 20 years ago, and my fault because I shipped it and didn’t think to pay the extra buck for a tracking number. Because of that I couldn’t prove it was delivered and they sided with the buyer… live and learn
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 12:01 PM   #6
sleeplesstwo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have had great experiences with every member here. Just picked up an item that I paid for with PayPal in advance, and am extremely happy to have met the seller/member. I have bought several items, and everything has been exactly as described or better. Just do your research. Read their posts, google the person, check the address. If any part of the transaction seems off, just don't do it.

In my opinion PayPal is the way to go. Just keep in mind that if you open a new account PayPal will hold your money for some time. Usually no more than 14 days after the transaction, but it can be extended. Just don't get nervous if is shown as "pending". Make a note to the buyer that they will be buying it "as is" and it is not returnable. Do this in the message area of the PayPal transaction just in case there is a dispute. Make sure you get a tracking number, and if it makes you less nervous, also ship with signature conformation required. Good Luck
sleeplesstwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 12:06 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

It takes a certain amount of trust from both parties. If you are afraid of being ripped off you probably will be. That's the power of attraction. GLWTS
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > For Sale > Golf Carts and Parts