lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-24-2013, 09:26 PM   #1
dan161
Getting Wild

Default My marathon has a turbo

Ok so it really doesn't have a turbo. Its a 90 marathon and when its slowing down or winding down I believe that on the passenger side somewhere there is a whistling sound. It sounds kinda like a turbo whistling. I have looked everwhere and can't seem to figure out where its coming from.

I don't know if its coming from the crank seal or something to do with the cooling fan or where for sure it is. I have jacked up rear und and it does it then also so its not just when its on the ground. The rearend spins freely with no squeeling or sounds coming from brakes or any other area of it.

I know its pretty hard to diagnose on the an internet forum, but I just thought maybe somebody had already had a similair issue at some time. Thanks for any advice anybody has.
dan161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-25-2013, 05:38 PM   #2
icyveins
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: My marathon has a turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan161 View Post
Ok so it really doesn't have a turbo. Its a 90 marathon and when its slowing down or winding down I believe that on the passenger side somewhere there is a whistling sound. It sounds kinda like a turbo whistling. I have looked everwhere and can't seem to figure out where its coming from.

I don't know if its coming from the crank seal or something to do with the cooling fan or where for sure it is. I have jacked up rear und and it does it then also so its not just when its on the ground. The rearend spins freely with no squeeling or sounds coming from brakes or any other area of it.

I know its pretty hard to diagnose on the an internet forum, but I just thought maybe somebody had already had a similair issue at some time. Thanks for any advice anybody has.
could it be something rubbing?
something you can only hear when you are not on the gas with the sound of the engine over powering the whistle? exhaust?
icyveins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:31 PM   #3
dan161
Getting Wild

Default Re: My marathon has a turbo

It could be but I sure can't seem to find anything rubbing. Its almost like its coming from the cooling fan on the passenger side of motor, but I'm not seen anything there that concerns me.
dan161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO