lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-11-2012, 03:14 PM   #11
ggrant1978
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: ezgo jerks misses out

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I may be running in from left field with only 2 outs but,
I would like to see a DVM connected to the battery pack mains and get a reading when the cart runs good for 10 minutes then when the solenoid cuts in and out.

Is there a significant voltage drop at the pack?
Ok I will try that
ggrant1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-11-2012, 06:20 PM   #12
ggrant1978
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggrant1978 View Post
Ok I will try that
Ok put the cart on jack stands rear end, got access to the micro switch no water loose connections etc. Press the accelerator pedal runs smooth forever I'm thinking because it not bouncing around on rough ground like in normal driving. So I lower the cart and drive around normal bouncing hittin bumps etc. Then it acts up again, so I'm thinking the micro switch fails when hitting bumps rough ground etc. Could that b the problem?
Old 09-12-2012, 08:16 AM   #13
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggrant1978 View Post
.....So I lower the cart and drive around normal bouncing hittin bumps etc. Then it acts up again, so I'm thinking the micro switch fails when hitting bumps rough ground etc. Could that b the problem?
Yes, but there are TWO microswitches and over 20 other things that could also be causing the problem.

The solenoid activation circuit in a typical series cart consists of 4 switches, the solenoid coil, 9 lengths of wire, 18 connectors and a power source.
Take your pick, it could be any of them, or it could be something less obvious.

You can Poke & Hope if you wish, or you can troubleshoot the symptoms of the problem until the source of the problem is identified and then fix it, rather than guessing.

Checking if the power source (battery pack) if failing, like Scotty suggested, is a good place to start the troubleshooting process.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:36 PM   #14
ggrant1978
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Yes, but there are TWO microswitches and over 20 other things that could also be causing the problem.

The solenoid activation circuit in a typical series cart consists of 4 switches, the solenoid coil, 9 lengths of wire, 18 connectors and a power source.
Take your pick, it could be any of them, or it could be something less obvious.

You can Poke & Hope if you wish, or you can troubleshoot the symptoms of the problem until the source of the problem is identified and then fix it, rather than guessing.

Checking if the power source (battery pack) if failing, like Scotty suggested, is a good place to start the troubleshooting process.
Well I might of solved the problem. While driving I started tapping the key switch and it would start acting up. I took it off it was corroded really good I'm sure its the original so I cleaned it real good hooked the wires back up and drove around with no problems hopefully that fixed it but I will go ahead and buy a new ign switch. Thanks to everyone for the help.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:45 AM   #15
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Glad to hear of the fix!
Why it's so important to do the voltage tests Scott and John were talking about, is that if your battery voltage drops significantly under load ( bad battery or connection ), it may cause the solenoid to engage and disengage. If the voltage is too low for the coil to keep the contacts closed, the circuit is broken, the cart stops momentarily, open circuit voltage rises again, the contacts close again, and this just repeats as long as the pedal is held down. Not only is this bad for the solenoid, it's bad for most of the components! First thing on an electric cart is to make sure the battery capacity is there! The voltage under load test will tell you this!
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO