lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-15-2009, 08:44 PM   #1
txd
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default alignment ?

1/8" toe in right? is that to the rim or the tire? i put my lift on and did an alignment with the stock wheel/tire combo. now that i have my larger tires and rims do i need to redo it to those tires? i had the stock combo at 1/8" toe in, now with the larger tires they are closer to 1/4" toe in.
txd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-15-2009, 09:58 PM   #2
dirtysouth
Gone Wild

Club Car

Smile Re: alignment ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by txd View Post
1/8" toe in right? is that to the rim or the tire? i put my lift on and did an alignment with the stock wheel/tire combo. now that i have my larger tires and rims do i need to redo it to those tires? i had the stock combo at 1/8" toe in, now with the larger tires they are closer to 1/4" toe in.
Yes... You need to reset the toe. Your new tires should have a line that runs the circumference of the tire (from the tire mold). Use these lines to measure from. Set the toe as close to 0 as possible, always in at the front if you are not sure that you are on 0...
dirtysouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 01:08 AM   #3
ruredy
Born Wild

Default Re: alignment ?

Kinda depends on which steering setup you have on your 01, they change them half way through that year. You should re-adjust it if you have the steering box on the axle, if it's on the frame your probably about right. Tire size isn't all that important, you'd adjust both 18" or 22" the same way.
If you have a 95-2001.5 need to have your cart sitting on the ground (not jacked up) preferably with someone in it when doing the adjustment. They're suppose to have toe-in, especially carts with the steering box mounted to the frame. they like to dart from side to side if not adjusted right.
Take a look at the Technician's service and repair manual electric carts
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...g-manuals.html
page G27.
If your cart is a 2001.5 and later with the steering box on the axle then you don't need as much toe-in, calls for 1/8" on these. It's listed at the very first of section G
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 03:02 AM   #4
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: alignment ?

For years I used a board with a nail through it that would make a mark on tire tread while jacked up and rotated, that I used to set toe in on everything from cars to trucks to even an airplane for a customer.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO