lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-19-2018, 09:02 PM   #1
Stingray240CS
Getting Wild

Default New install - no reverse

I just installed my alltrax SR48500 controller, HD solenoid, and reverse contactor/switch.

On the F&R switch. Does it matter which side of the 3 posts I use to connect the wires. I haven't been able to find a wiring diagram for it.

There are two things I may have done. Would it cause a no reverse issue.

1. What if I reversed the positive wires on the reverse contactor? Will dbl check that tomorrow.

2. I didn't hold the bottom nut when removing and installing the new cables on the motor. If the stud twisted, maybe I messed up the wiring?

A couple of notes:

1. I see power draw when I press the accelerator on my meter.

2. I hear the solenoid click in reverse and the tires did go in reverse at one point. It may have been before I moved the wires to the other 3 posts on the F&R switch.

Here are some pics if it helps any.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Stingray240CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-20-2018, 08:26 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: New install - no reverse

On the solenoid the small black (-) wire appears dangerously close to the big (+) terminal. This would cause this problem but it could cause other problems.

You can either row of terminals on the toggle switch. All the wires should be on the front row or all on the back row. Either way works.

Does the solenoid click in reverse?
Does the reversing contactor click in reverse?

Simple motor test. Tag and remove the wires. with the meter set to continuity Ω you should have continuity between the 2 A terminals and the 2 S terminals but not between any A and S terminal.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 08:34 AM   #3
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

If you look at all the pics, I think he's OK. One of his pics looks scary, but other angles look to be OK?
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 08:37 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
If you look at all the pics, I think he's OK. One of his pics looks scary, but other angles look to be OK?
Why flirt with danger? It is + and - fractions apart.
I have seen water bridge such spaces.
Like I said, it's not today's problem but, it could be tomorrow's
Old 09-20-2018, 09:12 AM   #5
Stingray240CS
Getting Wild

I'm pretty sure they aren't touching, but I may be wrong. I'll check when I get home. I'll make a new wire or extend that one so it's in a better place.

Earlier I said the solenoid clicks, but maybe it was the contactor clicking. It seems like a loud clock so maybe it was the contactor. I'll test that tonight as well.

I appreciate your help. Almost done with this project....well until I upgrade everything else, haha.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 09-20-2018, 10:11 AM   #6
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

ScottyB didn't say they were touching. In an ideal world, close would be OK, but in a golf cart world, where dirt, pollen, dust, granite dust, etc. can mix with water and possibly battery fumes...

Better safe than sorry.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 12:24 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Old 09-26-2018, 07:14 PM   #8
Stingray240CS
Getting Wild

Had to go out of town, but back at it now. The simple motor test, tests fine.

One thing I notice. I get something different depending on which side I place the F&R switch wires. On one side, i get full speed forward and nothing in reverse. On the other side, I get full speed forward and slow speed forward. I'm guessing that will be a big clue to you guys.

Any thoughts? I have the meter out and ready to go. Thanks!
Old 09-26-2018, 07:56 PM   #9
Stingray240CS
Getting Wild

To add to that, when i use the side of the switch where nothing happens in reverse, the alltrax fan turns on after about a second of holding the pedal down.
Old 09-26-2018, 08:57 PM   #10
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray240CS View Post
To add to that, when i use the side of the switch where nothing happens in reverse, the alltrax fan turns on after about a second of holding the pedal down.
It's a good thing your new controller can tolerate being shorted out, because that's what's happening.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO