lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-23-2017, 01:03 PM   #1
charlesnbray
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 2001 club car ds will not go

Ok so Im new to the golf cart world, I purchased a 2001 club car ds regen at the begging of summer and it operated fairly good slow up hill but kept up with my buddies on their newer carts. Last week i decided to lift the cart it was really easy but during the process i had to disconnect the wires to the motor to extend them and in this process turned the bolt on the motor and the wire lead inside came disconnected so i pulled the motor soldered the lead back on and replaced the brushes because one was cracked put the motor back in and jumped the motor to make sure it worked and it did, so i connected everything and it wouldn't move i couldn't hear the solenoid at first to i dissembled and got working properly ive checked the mcor the fuses and everything to no avail even charged the cart. I pulled the controller yesterday and peeked inside and nothing smells burned. I dont know what to check next im thinking i burned up the controller since i did get a arch from the motor when installing. Im going to install my controller in my buddy's cart this weekend to make sure before i spend the money on a new one. What a good upgraded controller that will work with a stock motor till i get the funds to eventually upgrade the motor? Or should i buy a stock controller and sell it to get a gas cart?
charlesnbray is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-23-2017, 01:15 PM   #2
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Default Re: 2001 club car ds will not go

Controllers don't like sparks, it scares them to death. You would be better off with an upgraded controller than stock. Some of the others will give you ideals on which ones are best.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 01:52 PM   #3
charlesnbray
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

thanks Im gonna hook it up to my buddy's cart to make sure it is the controller before dropping the money.
charlesnbray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 11:17 PM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Stick with your sparky! If it is the controller, go with one of the new Alltrax line as they are terrific and much more then stock could ever be. Contact one of the site sponsors here that deal with them all the time: David Hicks at Revolution Golf Cars or scottyb at Carts Unlimited.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 01:08 PM   #5
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Stick with your sparky! :
Real golf cart geeks would say. "Stick with your sparky AND get a gas one!"
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 02:03 PM   #6
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lochlin View Post
Good Point!!
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 02:07 PM   #7
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lochlin View Post
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car