lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-19-2017, 07:50 AM   #1
RXLuke
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default MCOR Replacement

Hey gang,

Was cleaning under the floor mat on the 2008 Precedent and noticed that the torx screws that are holding the pedal assembly in place seems quite rusted on the heads. I'm not sure if I can even put a bit into them. I have had some hesitations and acceleration issues every now and then with the MCOR and it will need replacing soon. Does anybody have any pointers for how to tackle this task if the heads are rusted beyond use? Drilling them out will be an absolute bear, and I'm not sure if vice grips will even get them started out...

Thanks
RXLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-19-2017, 10:24 AM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: MCOR Replacement

If you do have to replace it, get some silkroil or krowoil or a high end penetrating spray and shoot them down the night before (they are usually not too tight). Then try to remove them and I think you will get it. If not, take your smallest angle head grinder (or dremel tool) and a thin wafer wheel and cut a slot into the head to get a flat head screw driver into it.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 10:34 AM   #3
Porkman
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I'm thinking NoleFan4Ever meant Kroil by Kano Labs. Every DIY'r should have some on the shelf. Best penetrating oil I've ever used and have used a bunch. I'll add that if you do saw a slot in the screw head, which is good advice, put your flat head screwdriver in the slot and give it a rap with a hammer. That can help loosen up too. Good luck!
Porkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 10:40 AM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkman View Post
I'm thinking NoleFan4Ever meant Kroil by Kano Labs. Every DIY'r should have some on the shelf. Best penetrating oil I've ever used and have used a bunch. I'll add that if you do saw a slot in the screw head, which is good advice, put your flat head screwdriver in the slot and give it a rap with a hammer. That can help loosen up too. Good luck!
Yep, the original, but our company shops prices from our vendors and everyone has a spinoff nowadays. We are currently using the Silkroil version (bright orange can and even states "Will creep into one millionth of a micron") LoL!

We now are getting it in 5 gallon cans and put it in spray bottles for the big jobs....
Old 06-19-2017, 10:45 AM   #5
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

P.S. And I will have to look on my shelf, but I believe my can is the original Kroil and I have had it for 30 years. I bought it when I was trying to take old exhaust manifold bolts off my first truck to add on headers. It sits next to my Liquid Wrench, PB Blaster, JB Weld, and Marvelous Mystery Oil. All highly recommended items for saving my butt over the years...
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car