lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-29-2018, 10:08 PM   #1
Nubs
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 08 Club Car Shuts down, later will run fine

08 Club car, new Speed sensor, MCOR pedal assembly, solenoid, high speed magnet and key switch. The cart will run fine for a couple days, then will die. Sometimes it will come right back on, sometimes an hour or so later. have had the buzzer sound while running good and then cut out. When it dies, no forward movement, and switching to reverse there is no buzzer or movement. Still show voltage at the volt meter. Sometimes it comes back to working, but only 8 mph, then sometimes back to 100%. I have been told probably a controller issue, but hunting info? Desperate for help.
Nubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-29-2018, 10:12 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: 08 Club Car Shuts down, later will run fine

Probably is a controller, but you need to have it in a failed status to test it and determine what the problem is.

The next time it fails, get your DVM and start checking everything and tell us what you are getting and not getting. MCOR signal, solenoid small posts, large posts, etc.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 10:27 PM   #3
Nubs
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I know for fact that the solenoid is not kicking in, I just replaced it this week, and I can hear it kick in. When it dies, no solenoid movement. Almost like in tow mode, but i get Voltage on the volt meter, it doesn't shut off like in tow mode.
Old 08-29-2018, 11:28 PM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Keep your DVM on the cart and when it dies, with the cart jacked up, key on, rocker switch in Fwd, and pedal depressed do the following at the solenoid small posts:
1- Take your DVM and place the red lead on the solid blue wire and the black lead on the main pack negative. You should get 48vdc or pack voltage (If not, we lost the Pos Input)
2- Next, take your DVM and place the black lead on the blue/white stripe wire and the red lead on the main pack positive. You should get 48vdc or pack voltage (If not, we lost the Neg input)
If you are getting those then solenoid should be closing. If it is not, remove the wires from the 2 small posts and check the 2 posts resistance (ohms) across them. If none, the energizing coil is bad and the solenoid needs to be replaced. If the coil shows resistance, but the solenoid is not closing, tap on the side of it gently and see if it actuates, if it does not, then you will have to replace it (again).
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 12:34 AM   #5
Nubs
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I will check all of the above as soon as it acts up again. It is intermittent, posing part of my problem.
Question, When it is working, the pressing of the pedal tells the solenoid to close, when it does not run the solenoid does not close when i press the pedal. I can tell by it not clicking. This is what is bothering me. I do not even get voltage to the Forward/ Reverse switch when it dies. I have looked at the wiring diagram, and it shows the key switch then MCOR, then to 3 switches. Could the new MCOR not be sending signal forward and causing all of the problems? I am really appreciative for the help, and just asking more questions in case there is something simple that i may have left out. I am open to all suggestions before dumping money into a controller. I have the Curtis 1510A-5251, and cant find one at a decent price, new or used, or repaired.
Old 08-30-2018, 06:20 AM   #6
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubs View Post
08 Club car, new Speed sensor, MCOR pedal assembly, solenoid, high speed magnet and key switch. The cart will run fine for a couple days, then will die. Sometimes it will come right back on, sometimes an hour or so later. have had the buzzer sound while running good and then cut out. When it dies, no forward movement, and switching to reverse there is no buzzer or movement. Still show voltage at the volt meter. Sometimes it comes back to working, but only 8 mph, then sometimes back to 100%. I have been told probably a controller issue, but hunting info? Desperate for help.
There is caused by the OBC putting the Controller on lockout mode.

You need to connect the Blue and White wires together at the OBC 6-pin connector on the cart harness side, that will provide a constant signal to the Controller so it does not go into lockout mode.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 11:27 AM   #7
Nubs
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

It is a 16 Pin. I also found the grey wire in the harness corroded.
Old 08-30-2018, 12:18 PM   #8
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubs View Post
It is a 16 Pin. I also found the grey wire in the harness corroded.
The OBC is a 6-pin connector and the Controller is a 16-pin connector.

Which grey wire is corroded the sense wire or the auxiliar power to the Controller?
Old 08-30-2018, 12:36 PM   #9
Nubs
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

The grey wire on the 16 pin to the controller is corroded and broke when I pulled it. . If I am looking at the correct info for the harness that should be the pedal lockout, and should solve my problems.? Maybe?
Old 08-30-2018, 12:45 PM   #10
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

That gray wire on the 16-pin is important as it powers the Controller and provides the "roll away" power to stop the motor.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car