lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-09-2012, 06:08 AM   #21
racin161
Gone Wild

Default Re: Fixing up a 1974 Harley Davidson Golf Cart

Ok cool just wanted to give you a heads up. Sounds like you did your homework check it when it arrives it should say 12V continuous.

LOU
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-10-2012, 09:30 AM   #22
jomcguire18
Not Yet Wild
Harley Davidson

Still no solenoid yet. I went ahead and sanded down the outside of the gas tank yesterday. I'm waiting on some phosphric acid to get some trace of rust on the inside of the tank out. Then I will paint the outside of the tank. I also went ahead and sanded down and painted the air filter cover. Here's a pic...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Finshed Air Filter.jpg (10.8 KB, 0 views)
jomcguire18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:23 PM   #23
jomcguire18
Not Yet Wild
Harley Davidson

Trying to get the steering tiller off today. The serivce manual says that it should tap out after removing the bolt and washer. I have tried tapping it out to no prevail. Do I need a sterring wheel puller or just put some more musle into it?
Old 10-11-2012, 06:24 PM   #24
jomcguire18
Not Yet Wild
Harley Davidson

Hello all need some help,
So I got the solenoid in today. I installed it and pressed down on the gas peadal and the cart started up. I was on cloud nine!!! After pressing down the pedal to the floor for awhile I forgot to close the choke and bogged out the engine. I let it sit for a little bit and went back to start it. This time it did not start. There was no noise from starter or engine also no solenoid click. I went out and bought a new battery to confirm it wasn't that either. I'm thinking micro switch or fwr\rv switch. Does anyone have any ideas. Needless to say i am not on cloud nine anymore.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:19 PM   #25
jomcguire18
Not Yet Wild
Harley Davidson

Tried running the selonoid ground to the negative of the battery still nothing. Also I ran power staight to the starter\generator and it worked fine. I'm at a lost..
Old 10-12-2012, 07:21 AM   #26
racin161
Gone Wild

Do you have a volt/ohm meter? Ground the - lead and check for voltage at the small post an the solenoid with pedal depressed. If you find 12v then the mirco is ok and the f/r switch needs to be in ether f or r of course. It may be that the f/r selector is dirty and you may try brake cleaner or contact cleaner moving it F-R then blow it out with compressed air. May take a few times. Let us know

LOU
Old 10-12-2012, 08:38 AM   #27
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

check the main ciciut breaker under the body surrport. its the small wire from the soiliniod thenit sounds power to the micro/ign switch. see if you have pwer to the soiloid. if power goes in, you can simpley jump the wire from big post to big post. and see what that does.
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:40 AM   #28
jomcguire18
Not Yet Wild
Harley Davidson

So I just placed a wire from the big post to big post on the selonoid and it started cranking the starter generator. Did the same thing with the small post next to the first big post and that started the starter and engine. I pressed down the gas and everything seemed to work although the engine does start without pressing the gas which is weird. So what does this all this mean?

Last edited by jomcguire18; 10-12-2012 at 11:17 AM.. Reason: update
Old 10-13-2012, 07:39 AM   #29
racin161
Gone Wild

The pedal mirco switch is stuck closed.

LOU
Old 10-13-2012, 12:45 PM   #30
jomcguire18
Not Yet Wild
Harley Davidson

Ok Thanks! Thats what I was thinking since the engine started without hitting the pedal. It does move freely and clicks when relased. I'm thinking I need a new one then right? I found one at vintage parts for $13.45 plus shipping(OEM part #71506-63). Can something like this be picked up at an auto store? I also took apart and cleaned the frw/rv switch. I was pretty gunked up in there but the connections and springs all seemed good. Also is the could the micro switch issue be why my cart isn't starting in the normal way
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SP114.jpg (2.8 KB, 0 views)

Tags
harley davidson, harley davidson golf cart, harley/columbia
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson