lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-14-2012, 07:32 AM   #11
firemanray
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Should I get heavy duty rear springs or add-a-leaf springs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vessmech View Post
BigBlockMan,

I have a question about installing your heavy duty spring kit on an 07 CC Precedent.

The HD spring is two leafs with a pin in the center. My current setup is only a single leaf - the bracket welded on the axle has a center hole but the plate on top of the leaf has no hole. Even were I to drill a hole in this plate for the HD spring pin the single U bolt holding the top plate and HD spring to the axle goes across the center of the spring and would interfere with the pin sticking above the HD spring.

How to avoid having this top plate and U bolt not interfere with the HD spring pin? I must be missing something on how this works.

Thanks for your help.
I'm new here and this my first post. I did the heavy duty spring upgrade on my '07 precedent this weekend. Went from single spring to 4 leaf. They were direct swap, no mods needed.
firemanray is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-15-2012, 11:35 AM   #12
TimOub007
Not Yet Wild

Sorry I haven't been back to update after the installation and testing.

These went on without much fuss, besides the front bolt as most know.

Prior to this swap I had just made a trip out to my ranch with a buddy of mine and his dad. When we were riding around the rear fenders were rubbing the tires if we went over much of a bump or whoever was in the back shifted their weight. This was with no extra weight like hunting gear, rifles or dead deer. My buddy and his dad are both about 230 - 250 pounds would be my guess.

After installing the medium duty, 2 leaf replacement springs it is a world of difference. Now, with 4 of us in the cart, probably a total of close to 850 - 900 pounds of people, the added brush guard and basket and some hunting gear there is no rubbing and the ride was pretty smooth. Even when I was riding around by myself and hitting the rocks/bumps at a normal speed it was not too harsh. These 2 leaf medium duty springs are great and I highly recommend them to everyone.

I did replace the front spring with a heavier model at the same time I mounted a brush guard and basket. The brush guard has a 2" receiver hitch so I can mount a tailgate feeder on the front of my buggy. After installing the front I stood on the brush guard and could not get the spring to deflect too much. I'm about 185 for reference.

The next trip out to the ranch I had the tailgate feeder with me and loaded it on the front hitch with 50 pounds of corn so it was weighing in close to 100 pounds on top of the weight mentioned above. Again, there was no bottoming out or rubbing going on and the cart rides great. I just need to secure up the feeder as it moves around a bit in the hitch.

So, sorry for the slow response, but the report of these modifications is a great bid two thumbs up!!!

Tim
TimOub007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 05:28 PM   #13
stewmagoo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Tim,

Did it raise the carts rear end any? I could really use about an inch. Especially I it has no real flex.
stewmagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:26 PM   #14
TimOub007
Not Yet Wild

I don't know if the two leaf rear springs raised it much if at all. I do know that it eliminated all of the "squat" that was causing the rear tires to rub.

Sorry, I should have taken measurements before and after, but I was gung-ho and dove right in.
Old 07-21-2012, 06:21 PM   #15
stewmagoo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Tim,

I appreciate the feedback. My rear is a little spongy and I may replace my shocks I have a little rub during flex. I am considering a rear rack or rear seat so the heavy duty springs may work as well.
stewmagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 06:36 PM   #16
TimOub007
Not Yet Wild

Oh, I'm pretty sure my shocks are in need of replacement too but I didn't do them. When I was bolting them back on they were stretched more than with the original springs. This might mean that the rear was raised slightly, but I don't want to lead you down a path without measurements to back that statement up.
Old 03-22-2016, 04:57 PM   #17
bb110299
Not Yet Wild

I just bought 6 inch double a arm lift kit for my 2007 precedent club car we use this cart mainly at the campground and occasional trail riding. We always seem to have back seat passengers. Should I get heavy duty leaf Springs? I am new to this so any help is greatly appreciated
bb110299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 05:06 PM   #18
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb110299 View Post
I just bought 6 inch double a arm lift kit for my 2007 precedent club car we use this cart mainly at the campground and occasional trail riding. We always seem to have back seat passengers. Should I get heavy duty leaf Springs? I am new to this so any help is greatly appreciated
If you on regular occasion have back seat riders then you will be better off with the 4-Leaf HD springs as while they are indeed stiff and harsher riding they are what's needed to carry extra load...
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 04:00 AM   #19
v1music
Not Yet Wild

I have friends that have HDs and they hate the ride. I have same lift and decided not to do HD and keep my original leafs. I'm lucky because with the leafs I've had they don't move much and I have 14" wheels and 23" tires so I don't have much room under wheel wells.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
v1music is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 01:05 PM   #20
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Shocks unless there coils spring shocks won't raise a cart...there just there to dampen the ride and not let you bounce as much
Clemsoncartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts