lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-17-2021, 04:14 PM   #1
langdon58d
Not Yet Wild

Default 2003 Club Car DS (series) wont move

Hello all,
Been following this forum for awhile for all the information that is out there. I am officially stumped. I have a 2003 CC DS 48 V Series. About a month ago Installed, new batteries, Navitas 440 controller, highspeed motor, new solenoid, and heavy duty FNR switch. Been working wonderful, and super fast. I have only driven it about 5 times totaling less than an hour.
Drove it friday evening with my son for about 15 minutes, then parked it in the garage and put the charger on it. Saturday morning it wont move and the CB on the charger is popped. I reset the CB and it was able to continue to charge until it shut off on its own. Cart still wont move and I am completely out of Ideas.
I have pretty much reached the end of the internet trying to find ideas. I have read almost every thread on here pertaining to this subject and can't find an answer.
Solenoid does click when pedal is pressed. Tested the Solenoid=good, bypassed the OBC=not the issue, Continuity test on motor=all as it should be, tested FNR switch=as it should be. I am waiting on Navitas Tech support to contact me back because that is my only option left, not getting any codes on the app tho. I dont have my old one anymore or else I would just hook that up to test.
Any help would be appreciated because I am completely stumped.
What would cause it to run perfectly then 12 hours later not only not move but trip the CB on the charger? They might not even be related.
Thanks in advance.
langdon58d is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-17-2021, 05:01 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: 2003 Club Car DS (series) wont move

What is the battery pack voltage?
Usually a tripped breaker on the charger is not cart related, that will be a power problem (power surge) or a problem in the charger, but it is possible for the breaker to trip if the pack is excessively discharged, or one of the batteries has a problem.
Are any of the cables at the controller loose? Are any of the terminals ends close enough to each other that they could touch?

When the solenoid clicks, are you getting pack voltage to the controller on the B+ terminal at the controller?
Since the controller is responding to the App, you might try disconnecting the battery negative for 30 minutes or so and then reconnect in case there's some reason the controller needs to be reset.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 05:09 PM   #3
langdon58d
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2003 Club Car DS (series) wont move

Found the issue. The FNR switch had just the slightest bit of melting that I didnt catch the first time resulting in a poor connection. I disconnected the wire at that port and touched it to the wire on the back and hit the pedal and tires started spinning. (luckily I had it jacked up, lol). Got one on order and it will be here tomorrow. I appreciate the quick response brother.
langdon58d is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car