lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-17-2021, 04:25 PM   #11
cfoxcvg1988
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2014 TXT motor cuts out in regular intervals till rpm comes down then motor retur

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPonLKN View Post
Get some alligator clips on your volt meter leads, connect to the point you want to check and to ground...have the leads extend up to the driving area of the cart where you can see it, and watch it as you drive....If you loose voltage to the solenoid on the solenoid small terminal, the issue is in the incoming switch circuit. Ignition switch, pedal switch, etc. If not there, then move the positive lead to the output of the relay and do the same.
Thank you. Ill test this in the next day or two when its not raining and report back.
cfoxcvg1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-19-2021, 03:21 PM   #12
cfoxcvg1988
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2014 TXT motor cuts out in regular intervals till rpm comes down then motor retur

UPDATE: I went through and removed, cleaned and added dielectric silicone to the ground system connections running from the starter/generator to the relay bracket in front of the battery and back to the battery (-). I also replaced the frame ground from the relay bracket to the frame. Everything was in very good shape but now its cleaned to a polish with great contact.
I test ran the cart for 10+ miles and thought the issue was resolved as it ran great even on steep hills. Towards the end of the ride it did cut out 2x but instead of going to a low PRM like before it quickly recovered. almost a stutter more than the usual shut down.
I do not have any leads long enough to monitor voltage on the solenoid while operating the cart. Once I get some I will continue to troubleshoot.
Fist thing I will need to identify what lead is from the peddle switch to the solenoid.
Old 05-19-2021, 04:57 PM   #13
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfoxcvg1988 View Post
UPDATE: I went through and removed, cleaned and added dielectric silicone to the ground system connections running from the starter/generator to the relay bracket in front of the battery and back to the battery (-). I also replaced the frame ground from the relay bracket to the frame. Everything was in very good shape but now its cleaned to a polish with great contact.
I test ran the cart for 10+ miles and thought the issue was resolved as it ran great even on steep hills. Towards the end of the ride it did cut out 2x but instead of going to a low PRM like before it quickly recovered. almost a stutter more than the usual shut down.
I do not have any leads long enough to monitor voltage on the solenoid while operating the cart. Once I get some I will continue to troubleshoot.
Fist thing I will need to identify what lead is from the peddle switch to the solenoid.
I'm guessing the newer cart wiring is the same as the older ones. If not, I can't help as I don't have a wiring diagram for them. There should be a green wire that goes from the pedal microswitch under the floor board to the ignition switch at the dash, then blue wire down to the solenoid small positive terminal. Kill Relay should be on that post as well.

If it ran better after cleaning everything up, I suspect you may have a loose connector somewhere. The crimp in the connector to the wire, or possibly a loose prong in a plastic connector maybe not making full contact. I think the newer machines have all plastic wire connectors. It can be tough to find, but need to look at each wire and pin, both male and female.
JPonLKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 07:14 PM   #14
cfoxcvg1988
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
I'm guessing the newer cart wiring is the same as the older ones. If not, I can't help as I don't have a wiring diagram for them. There should be a green wire that goes from the pedal microswitch under the floor board to the ignition switch at the dash, then blue wire down to the solenoid small positive terminal. Kill Relay should be on that post as well.

If it ran better after cleaning everything up, I suspect you may have a loose connector somewhere. The crimp in the connector to the wire, or possibly a loose prong in a plastic connector maybe not making full contact. I think the newer machines have all plastic wire connectors. It can be tough to find, but need to look at each wire and pin, both male and female.
I took yesterday to check every connection in the engine compartment and under the cart. Everything was wire brushed, treated and connected. I also took and remade all terminal posts connections. Every termination I could find has been remade. I did not find anything concerning but who knows.

Unfortunately this has not corrected the issue. Although its happens much less than it was the cart still cuts out randomly then recovers. I am going to test the power during operation as recommended above and hope ti see something when the motor cuts out. Ill report back.
Old 05-26-2021, 08:42 AM   #15
cfoxcvg1988
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

UPDATE:
Power from peddle to solenoid during event is steady 14v+ with no fluctuation. Power out of solenoid on top post to starter/gen also steady at 14v+ With no fluctuation.

Seems like I am no longer loosing voltage while the Gen is spoiled up like before. It’s holding 14.6-14 till the motor recovers.

What would be the next item to check that could be causing the motor to cut out and quickly recover?
Old 05-27-2021, 12:26 PM   #16
cfoxcvg1988
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:

UPDATE:
I tested this again today and found the same outcome. I am not loosing voltage to or from the solenoid.
Power from peddle to solenoid during event is steady 14v+ with no fluctuation. Power out of solenoid on top post to starter/gen also steady at 14v+ With no fluctuation.

Also I am no longer loosing voltage while the Gen is spooled up like before. It’s holding 14.6-14 till the motor recovers.

What would be the next item to check that could be causing the motor to cut out and quickly recover?
Old 05-29-2021, 12:37 PM   #17
cfoxcvg1988
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfoxcvg1988 View Post
UPDATE:
I tested this again today and found the same outcome. I am not loosing voltage to or from the solenoid.

Also I am no longer loosing voltage while the Gen is spooled up like before. It’s holding 14.6-14 till the motor recovers.

UPDATE:
I just ran it with a spark plug light and I have a strong spark continually even when the event happens. So I am going to assume the magneto is not my culprit.
I have verified good consistent voltage to the solenoid from the peddle, out of the solenoid to the starter and cleaned/replaced literally every electrical connection I can fine top bottom, front to rear.

I am now leaning to the governor but that is a system I have zero experience with and do not know where to start.
Old 05-29-2021, 02:12 PM   #18
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

With the fact you have Spark and generator volts during the event I'm thinking fuel. Maybe water or sludge in the float bowl cutting off fuel for a second or two. I see this a lot with diesels too.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 02:22 PM   #19
cfoxcvg1988
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartmaster View Post
With the fact you have Spark and generator volts during the event I'm thinking fuel. Maybe water or sludge in the float bowl cutting off fuel for a second or two. I see this a lot with diesels too.
I checked the pump and its a beast. Shot across my garage LOL.
Ill drain the bowl, replace the filter and suck the bottom of the tank next and with finger crossed it will be the issue.
Thanks for the ideas.
Old 05-29-2021, 02:25 PM   #20
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

May be a vent issue on the tank as well. Next time it does it look at the tank and see if it collapsed.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO