lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-18-2021, 07:55 AM   #11
Alex D
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: HD Rear Leaf Spring

Quote:
Originally Posted by coosa View Post
I put HD springs on one of my carts a couple of years ago and it surely felt that way. It still has a terrible ride, and probably will for years. I just tolerate it.

I had to replace them on my other cart last week, but I had read on this forum that the dual action springs were much better than the HD, so I used those instead. They are much better than the HD and produced an excellent ride. Thanks to all those who recommended them. If you haven't used the HD, maybe you can swap them out.
I have the two-leaf springs and they re absolutely perfect for my 4 passenger 6" lift cart.
Alex D is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-18-2021, 11:40 AM   #12
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by A/C-SuperCool View Post
What did you use to reclamp the the springs once you pulled the 2?
It's pretty straight forward. If you look at the pic below, you can see a center bolt that holds it all together, and you can also see the "clamp" on the main spring to the next spring. Simply un-bolt (once you remove the spring from the rear axle) the main bolt, remove those "clamps", remove the spring(s) you want to and put it back together with the main bolt, and the clamps. Those clamps primary purpose is to keep the springs lined up when in use.

DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 05:26 PM   #13
A/C-SuperCool
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
It's pretty straight forward. If you look at the pic below, you can see a center bolt that holds it all together, and you can also see the "clamp" on the main spring to the next spring. Simply un-bolt (once you remove the spring from the rear axle) the main bolt, remove those "clamps", remove the spring(s) you want to and put it back together with the main bolt, and the clamps. Those clamps primary purpose is to keep the springs lined up when in use.

Thank you good sir. Imma give it a shot...
A/C-SuperCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 06:03 PM   #14
Alex D
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I don't think that's a great idea because they are forged to align as a three-leaf pack and work that way together. And taking one leaf out will not do much since the individual leafs are much thicker than on the two leaf. I would sell them and get a couple of two leaf. They are perfect.

BTW the pic above is the two leaf spring I have and I think is excellent. Attached a pic of the TXT HD spring as I know it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg G1-6010-2__21744.1585079222.jpg (30.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-18-2021, 10:19 PM   #15
DaveTM
Gone Wild

It's not brain surgery. It's just chunks of forged steel bound together.
Old 05-19-2021, 02:03 AM   #16
Alex D
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
It's not that simple. A leaf spring pack is designed so that the leafs work together. Radius of each leaf, thickness of each leaf, their length and the tensile strength of their steel are designed to ensure they function as designed.
Old 05-19-2021, 06:54 AM   #17
coldair
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex D View Post
It's not that simple. A leaf spring pack is designed so that the leafs work together. Radius of each leaf, thickness of each leaf, their length and the tensile strength of their steel are designed to ensure they function as designed.
this is true
I have 14 leaf and 11 leaf springs from Deaver springs on my Excursion and it rides like an old ladies town car even with 10.5 inches of lift. if only my cart rode as nice
coldair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 06:59 AM   #18
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Well, all I can tell you is that I removed two leaf's on each side of my cart....and again, my kidney's send me thank you cards on a regular basis.
Old 05-19-2021, 07:24 AM   #19
EzIndyGo
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Bingo

Quote:
While technically true, these leaf springs are not that scientific. It's all dependent of which leaf you take out, how long it takes the other leaves to break in/sag, how you strap them, etc. It's a golf cart, not dump truck. Tensile strength isn't going to really play a factor. Shear Strength maaaaaaaaybe, but again, this is a golf cart.

My buddy put the HD springs in his TXT. I put in the Dual-Action. His rode like junk, mine rides better. We ended up taking the support bar off his HD set and put it on my OLD (93 stock) leaf spring and installed on his cart. Perfect balance without having to dump his new HD's and buy dual action.
EzIndyGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 06:24 PM   #20
A/C-SuperCool
Not Yet Wild

I went ahead and pulled a leaf out & it made quite a bit of difference. It actually has a bit of suspension again vs straight up hard tail...
A/C-SuperCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO