lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-17-2021, 03:01 PM   #21
Tommybh
Getting Wild

Default Re: Ezgo txt 295 Robin smokes

Just placed my order for the one you suggested I appreciate it also I know I’ll just find out when I start the job but I know it was said that the rockers will slide out the way would compressing that spring to slide them out the way be how they move and will that effect anything if I compress that spring( the one that separates the pairs of rockers in the middle
Tommybh is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-21-2021, 10:03 AM   #22
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

I actually think the smoking is caused by the oil rings being worn and not valve seals but that's just me.
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 07:51 AM   #23
Tommybh
Getting Wild

Hey guys I’m working on this now I took new spark plugs out and they are black already I shined flash light in spark plug hole and top of piston is black as well I want to take head off and clean it all up do I need to remove clutch to get head off or just the timing belt pulley
Old 05-24-2021, 07:58 AM   #24
Tommybh
Getting Wild

Here are pictures of what I’m seeing
Old 05-24-2021, 08:37 AM   #25
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I've taken the clutch off whenever I have removed the timing belt cover...there is a 10mm short bolt that holds it on. I would bet you could get it out, but not sure you could maneuver the cover out from under the pulley section of the clutch. You could try. For me, its always been easier to work on the motor out of the cart, and less of a hassle to get it out and back in than bending over working on the engine while in the compartment.

That being said, if you can get the timing belt cover off, you have access to the tensioner pulley and timing belt pulley, and the head comes off. Manual says there is a process to removing the head bolts...1/8 or 1/4 turn each in a specific order first to prevent the head from warping. Engine manual is posted in the tech sticky section of the forum, I believe.
JPonLKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 09:28 AM   #26
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Again, hate to be the “I told you so” guy I refer to my first reply you would have been done with it by now, in half the time if you had just removed the motor and worked on a bench.

You *can* get the timing cover off without removing the clutch. The 10mm is tough to get to but you can get to it. And it’s notched so it will slide out. However, getting it back on will require lots of patience and cursing...

Or you could remove the motor and clutch and pulling the head is a 10 minute job. Just saying

Some of us have done this once or twice before
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 10:56 AM   #27
Tommybh
Getting Wild

Thanks guys I just went ahead and put it back together as far as removing the head I just put top of piston at bottom of stroke then filled it up with nylon rope then turned engine till it got snug to hold the valves up I changed two so far the old seals I took off with my fingers they basically fell off of the valve guide and the hole in the rubber is bigger than the new seal
Old 05-24-2021, 11:03 AM   #28
Tommybh
Getting Wild

New seal vs old and how I made room to change
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 80233755-F465-4067-BD1F-12B6BD8DBA81.jpg (190.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 6574EDEE-396B-46D1-A109-879D93483F01.jpg (164.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg A7A6FF87-9B92-4ABA-84AA-D28D1C8E176B.jpg (140.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-24-2021, 03:28 PM   #29
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Well done...now get er finished and update us on if its still part of the mosquito death squad , or EPA compliant.
JPonLKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 04:42 PM   #30
Tommybh
Getting Wild

Well guys I’m done problem still persists and it smells really strong of gas fumes out the exhaust and the plugs are dry and black everything is new what am I missing valves adjusted
New oem carb , new oem fuel filter , new air filter , new oil, new spark plugs, new oem coil pack , timing looks good on the marks , new fuel lines fresh gas ... everything to do with it is new .. does the fuel line have to have a big dip in it or anything I put it back the same length it was kinda goes straight to carb from fuel pump .. I can’t think of anything else the gas fumes are out the muffler no leaks thinking the smoke could be from running rich some how
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO