lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-15-2021, 01:01 PM   #11
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo txt 295 Robin smokes

Here you go. Good tips from all.
Last post here shows the person did fine.
Rent or borrow an air compressor. Like CP241 I don't like stuffing anything in a cylinder that don't belong there. Worth a try I say.
https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=142475
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-15-2021, 01:16 PM   #12
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig123 View Post
Here you go. Good tips from all.
Last post here shows the person did fine.
Rent or borrow an air compressor. Like CP241 I don't like stuffing anything in a cylinder that don't belong there. Worth a try I say.
https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=142475
We used to do that at the dealership on old Toyota’s with bad valve seals. Works fine as long as you’ve got a stable air supply. Always worked great and never had a problem. If your compressor is a little pancake tank or portable job I don’t know that I’d bother.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 10:02 PM   #13
Tommybh
Getting Wild

Thanks for all the great information guys I’m gonna be hard headed and try it with the head on the cart do the the rockers slide out the way to remove the springs
Tommybh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 10:33 PM   #14
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommybh View Post
Thanks for all the great information guys I’m gonna be hard headed and try it with the head on the cart do the the rockers slide out the way to remove the springs
Yes
Let us know the results.
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 08:56 AM   #15
Tommybh
Getting Wild

Will do may even video since I can’t really find one of it done while on the cart .. of course it’s probably no different than any other valve seal videos but on specific engine will probably be a week or so from now when I get parts and have time I will also video the smoke before and after
Old 05-16-2021, 04:20 PM   #16
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

When you go to pull the seal, be careful not to stick the screw driver or other probe too deep and catch the valve guide. The guide sits above to top edge of the head and is brittle and easily chipped to where a seal won't sit tight on it.
JPonLKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 08:50 PM   #17
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

They make special pliers for doing valve seals.

I use a pair of hose pliers. I’ve never tried the harbor freight ones but same idea. You can get them cheap there. They work great for removing them. And I use a few well socket to gently press the new seal on.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg B20A9669-AD91-44FA-B2DD-3DABA5971E4F.jpeg (16.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-17-2021, 08:37 AM   #18
Tommybh
Getting Wild

Thanks for the tips I am now going to get the proper tools don’t want to mess it up also I see the tool that has a magnet inside for when you compress the springs it catches the keepers and is also and install tool my question is what size are the valves and will this work pretty neat and simple if it fits this engine is comes with a larger one and smaller one

Lisle 36050 Valve Keeper Remover and Installer Kit
Quickly Removes and Installs Valve Keepers On Most Overhead Valve Engines With Valve Stems From 4.5 to 7.5mm and 5/16" to 3/8".
Old 05-17-2021, 09:27 AM   #19
Tommybh
Getting Wild

Okay looks like it will work I found the specs for the valves
Attached Images
File Type: jpg E3C5DCBA-BB9A-45E9-AE43-A8403B8B754E.jpg (45.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-17-2021, 01:52 PM   #20
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I just have a generic valve spring compressor kit from Amazon. However on these, you don’t need the whole “C” clamp thing. I just use the attachments and push down on the valves by hand with a magnet, sucks the keepers right out.

When installing the new ones just use a pick tool or pocket screwdriver to set them in place, basically reverse order.

The “push down” tools like the lisle tool you listed take a good bit of practice to get the “feel” for how it works. I’ve used them many times. If you were doing them in a car with MUCH stiffer valve springs, they work fine. You just have to use it 15-20 times to get the feel for it. But in your case doing it just once, I’d rent (for free at an auto parts store) or buy just a generic like this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DC1SJ5R...RNYXVSXTSV8ESK

It’s a lot cheaper and all you need is the right sized adapter to push by hand. These springs are really soft.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO