lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-14-2021, 10:11 AM   #1
nlewis97
Not Yet Wild

Default 91 Yamaha Gas Cart No Fire

So I recently was given a 91 Yamaha golf cart. I believe it is a G9 if I am not mistaken. I was told it used to run a while ago but I have not had any luck getting it to start at all. I know the gas pedal has to be pushed down in order for it to get fire but I can't get it to do anything. It has a new battery, spark plug, clean carb, and fresh fuel, no fuses are blown that I can find. Any Help would be appreciated.
nlewis97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-14-2021, 11:47 AM   #2
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: 91 Yamaha Gas Cart No Fire

When you say can't get it to do anything, do you mean motor not spinning? motor spins but will not start? spins but no spark?
Need a little more help please, we'll get ya going.....
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 05:05 PM   #3
nlewis97
Not Yet Wild

I mean as in no spark, motor won't turn over at all. Acts almost as if there is no power running through the systems from the battery.
Old 05-15-2021, 10:13 AM   #4
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

If the engine won't "turn over" it means it won't spin. Does the engine spin when you press the pedal down?

If not, try turning the engine by hand to see if it's locked up. It should spin freely. Remove the spark plug, remove the drive belt. Rotate the big clutch on the engine counter clockwise, it should be very easy to turn. If it doesn't turn, the engine is probably seized up.

If it does turn freely, you might have an electrical issue with the starter/gen or a cable, or the starter switch under the gas pedal, or the ignition switch.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 10:54 AM   #5
nlewis97
Not Yet Wild

the engine does turn over freely. I have figured out that even with a brand new battery on the cart I have no power going over the the solenoid itself, so somewhere along the lines I think there is a wiring issue. It is a complete rats nest of wires. I think I am going to attempt to rewire the whole cart and hopefully get something accomplished by doing that.
Old 05-17-2021, 09:15 AM   #6
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Any chance we can get a picture under the seat? It might look worse than it is, some people can turn a headlight installation with two wires into 400ft bird nest. You also should download the wiring diagram for reference.

Just to test something, run a power wire from pos. battery to the pos side of the solenoid, If it spins, you have a low amp circuit issue which will include key switch, pedal switch, fuse? or that circuit wiring.
If it doesn't spin, you have an issue on the big amp circuit which includes cables, solenoid starter/generator.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha