lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-10-2021, 10:42 AM   #1
mbrown55
Getting Wild

Default Accelerator seems to stick

Sometimes it seems as if the accelerator pedal seems to stick both going forward and in reverse. Doesn't happen often, but feels like the potentiometer may be sticking. Noticed it coasting down a hill when normally it would begin to immediately slow with regen but instead seemed to gain speed.
mbrown55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-10-2021, 11:30 AM   #2
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: Accelerator seems to stick

Is the pedal actually sticking or the switch itself?
Can you correct it by pulling the pedal up with your toe?
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 11:33 AM   #3
ATrain
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrown55 View Post
Sometimes it seems as if the accelerator pedal seems to stick both going forward and in reverse. Doesn't happen often, but feels like the potentiometer may be sticking. Noticed it coasting down a hill when normally it would begin to immediately slow with regen but instead seemed to gain speed.
That seems odd. One thing to try would be hooking a laptop to your cart and then looking at the "monitor" and experimenting with the accelerator pedal. I think there's a gauge on there for acceleration.

I'd do in FWD/REV and neutral. I'd start in neutral and see how responsive the NEOS software monitor is, and if it's very accurate, then drive around and see if you can confirm/deny if the pedal/acceleration are behaving correctly.

It could be your regen settings. I remember when my cart came from the factory, if I let my foot off the pedal on a slightly sloped road, the cart would coast BIG time, so it felt like it was accelerating when I wasn't giving any acceleration.

I turned up my regen settings and that went away and felt better (after I got used to it).
ATrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 01:42 PM   #4
mbrown55
Getting Wild

Its definitely not the regen, even on an extreme slope the cart will eventually come to a complete stop if the "go" pedal is not pushed in slightly.

Its doesn't "feel" like anything is sticking only that a couple of times when i let off the go pedal it kept going and seemed to actually build speed. My driveway is a 35% slope and i back down it, without pedal pressure the cart will stop, but once when i gave it a little goose to get over the hump into the garage it felt like it was going to go through the wall into the house. And this weekend while accelerating down a hill when I let off the pedal it keep building speed instead of the usual immediate slowdown.

I will use the laptop to try and diagnose it some more if it keeps up. I need to have a look and see if I can find the linkage from the pedal to the actual pot and make sure it isnt in a bind.
Old 05-10-2021, 02:36 PM   #5
ATrain
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrown55 View Post
Its definitely not the regen, even on an extreme slope the cart will eventually come to a complete stop if the "go" pedal is not pushed in slightly.

Its doesn't "feel" like anything is sticking only that a couple of times when i let off the go pedal it kept going and seemed to actually build speed. My driveway is a 35% slope and i back down it, without pedal pressure the cart will stop, but once when i gave it a little goose to get over the hump into the garage it felt like it was going to go through the wall into the house. And this weekend while accelerating down a hill when I let off the pedal it keep building speed instead of the usual immediate slowdown.

I will use the laptop to try and diagnose it some more if it keeps up. I need to have a look and see if I can find the linkage from the pedal to the actual pot and make sure it isnt in a bind.
I wouldn't completely eliminate software yet. It may not be regen, but I remember there being some sort of regen differences at high speeds vs low speeds.

I'm sure you're aware, but just in case...when you back out of your driveway without pedal pressure, is the automatic parking lock engaged? If you lightly tap reverse to move the cart a little and then let off the pedal, does it coast down your driveway or come to a stop?
ATrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 02:44 PM   #6
mbrown55
Getting Wild

Anytime the pedal is not pushed the cart will coast to a stop regardless of slope, after it comes to a complete stop the electric brake will engage with the characteristic pop.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon