lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-04-2021, 04:03 PM   #1
Tombigbee
Not Yet Wild

Default If I'm going replace the motor anyway.....

.....does it matter if I start with a series or Sepex cart?
Tombigbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-04-2021, 06:13 PM   #2
CustomCurt
Gone Wild

Default Re: If I'm going replace the motor anyway.....

start with anything you find, you will learn along the way, my favorite is a club car with v glide and resistors for speed, for towing and hauling a load the controller cart is the way to go, then i have my cushman shuttle with sepex and regen motor, I doubt i will ever have to put brake shoes on it i added 10" wheels to it so now it is not slow, about 16 mph and it will tow a full size truck my v glide club car "Speed Buggy" will do 32 mph with two normal sized people on flat ground pushing 46 volts of battery. ihave not done up am e z go for speed yet but i love the way the front end rises up when I launch. the few gas buggies I have I am not all that impressed with them yet, I have some bugs to work out with the club car it does not do well with slow speed creeping around the yard and such, think i am gonna lose the micro switch that kills the engine and see how I like it after that
CustomCurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 08:22 PM   #3
Tombigbee
Not Yet Wild

Wondering if my question was just too elementary, or dumb, or both. I apologize, but I'm going to build a hunting cart from scratch and am trying to learn.
Thanks for any help.
Tombigbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 07:50 AM   #4
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

series ds is the workhorse of the cc line
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 09:52 AM   #5
WC53
Getting Wild
Club Car

The controller type will match the motor type. Regen or non regen, speed sensor, or even an AC build. So if you are gutting it, decide which direction you want to go as it will be a blank slate.

For a hunting cart, I don’t know if any of the motor stuff is more water/mud resistant than others.
WC53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 11:45 AM   #6
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Start with what ever you can find in your area that's the best deal. Corona has made it hard to find any used cart that is reasonably priced in my area.
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 02:10 AM   #7
HogKiller
Gone Wild

Personally for a hunting cart I would follow the advice I received from David at Revolution Golf Cars: Start with a 2010 or newer Precedent. I put a new motor, controller, cables, solenoid, batteries, lift, wheels, tires, roof, brush guard, clays box, and lights on my cart, and I'm STILL glad it's a Precedent underneath all that. Plus there seems to be more aftermarket stuff available for the Precedent. Just my opinion.
HogKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts