lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-18-2021, 06:54 AM   #11
Bucker
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Old BBB, New project

Quote:
Originally Posted by kempie9901 View Post
Bucker, I've just started a project of my own. 2011 BB XTO. Bought it off someone who did a fair amount of troubleshooting. Batteries were original! 2 dead relays(one of which he replaced) and possibly a bad motor. Just purchased and installed a set of batteries today to find out something has been wired backwards because the thing drove in the opposite direction of switch position!! Waiting on a new relay to arrive to further troubleshoot. Ill be following your progress for anything I might come across as well! I am in GA as well, so I might have to come by to learn and see finished product
Good luck! I ended up trying to make sure I had the basics right and built off of that. As far as the forward/reverse situation there's a couple possibilities I can think of. Easiest may be simply reversing the switch. Make sure the cables from controllers yo motors are correct as well. Contactors/solenoids are $65ish a piece and easy to swap but my suggestion is to strip it down to the basics and troubleshoot step by step before replacing a bunch of parts.

Batteries good?
Motors work?
Solenoids switch?
Hook it up and see if the controllers throw a code. If not, take it for a drive.

I still want to redo the whole 12v accessory setup but don't really feel like wrenching on it anymore. I'm fighting some gremlins in the brakes (they stick somettimes but bleeding them fixes it for a week or two before it happens again). I also need new halfshafts (2 CV boots are torn) but have no idea where to source them from.
Bucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-18-2021, 10:15 AM   #12
kempie9901
Not Yet Wild

So, I bought a set of batteries, put them in, and charged them. Everything works on the cart except for the rear motor. I get an error code 4 from the controller for the rear motor. I took the primary cables off both solenoids and tested the resistance in the coils. I get around 350 ohms from the good(front) solenoid, and the other is just open.

The guy I bought it from had done a lot of troubleshooting on each component. Testing to make sure each motor did or didn’t work, if the solenoids were good or bad, and if the controllers were good or bad. He told me that he was fairly certain that it needed a rear motor, one solenoid, and new set of batteries. He said he tried to replace the brushes in the rear motor, but when he took it apart the Armature copper was pitted pretty bad. I haven’t taken the motor apart to check that myself yet. When I get the new solenoid tomorrow, I will put it on, jack the cart up, and see if the back tires spin also.

At first I thought that since the front motor was the only one working, did it was just sort of week and couldn’t push the cart as fast as I thought it was going to. Then, I put it in reverse, and it tried to smoke the tires and hauled ***. Something is definitely switched somewhere.

While writing this reply, I had a thought. Since he had most of the cables off at some point time, I wonder if he switched up the positive and negative wires from the controller to the front motor. I believe that the two controllers are flipped 180° in reference to each other. Possibly an easy mixup. I’ll have to check that out when I get home today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kempie9901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 06:16 AM   #13
Bucker
Not Yet Wild

Good call. My motor is labeled for easy reference, photo attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210519_071354.jpg (180.7 KB, 0 views)
Bucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 10:39 AM   #14
kempie9901
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucker View Post
Good call. My motor is labeled for easy reference, photo attached.

Yea, dude had F1 and F2 cables mixed up. Enough of me hijacking the thread. Ready for your finished product. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kempie9901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO