lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-17-2021, 07:46 AM   #21
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Yamaha ydre wont't run

I've made a continiuty test with the Fluke meter, and there is continiuty between A1 / F1 at the motor, which shouldn't be - right? The meter is showing an upcounting resistance...
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-17-2021, 09:21 AM   #22
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I would not trust that measurement unless you disconnect the cables to the motor. You may be measuring something through the controller. But you are correct - there should be no continuity between F1, F2 and A1, A2.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 02:26 PM   #23
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

If your reading is right your motor is 100% the issue...if you take your motor apart and the brushes look fine and your getting that reading...DO NOT get another controller and try it again...the motor is bad and WILL kill the new controller...as stated check motor before anything else is done...
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 06:26 AM   #24
Half Vast
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojo View Post
The meter is showing an upcounting resistance...
Upcounting resistance means you're charging a capacitor. You're definitely reading back into the controller. Disconnect the wires and re-measure.
Half Vast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 10:27 AM   #25
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thank you guys, i've just disconnected the motor from controller and... no continuity between A1 / F1!! Only continiuty is A1 / A2 and F1 / F2. Hopefully no short in the motor!
Old 04-18-2021, 10:31 AM   #26
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Your motor continuity is correct. It's sounding more like bad controller.
Old 04-21-2021, 03:36 PM   #27
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I'll start with the brushes, have already ordered oem brush holder comp for the Hitachi motor. If the cart then still won't run, new Alltrax controller is coming next. Will report, as far as new brushes at it's place.
Old 05-16-2021, 04:45 PM   #28
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

It's going on...

Brush set arrived these days ( i've ordered in US, saved 50$ ). Today i removed the rear body for better access and cleaning / service the axle, took the motor out. Tomorrow i'll take it apart. I'm still looking for a sticker on axle housing, but can't find any?
Can somebody please tell me, If the controller is the GE or Moric? ( i guess GE, there is only a FSIP label on it ).

Ojo
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20210516_185418.jpg (165.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-17-2021, 08:41 AM   #29
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

It's not a Moric. I do not know what GE looks like though. Good luck on the Brushes. Clean up the commutator and remove as much as the old brush dust as possible. Lube the splines with grease when you install the motor. I did the brushes in one of my Hitachi motors recently. It's not too hard to do but it's a messy job. When they are worn to the point where the motor no longer runs, the commutator is usually damaged to to the point where it needs resurfacing.
Old 05-17-2021, 04:41 PM   #30
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thank you! Messy job is done, with the rear body off, it's not hard. Opend the motor and... nothing looks bad The brushes are still 1" long ( new ones are 1.5" ). So i decided to clean everything ( w/compressed air and Covid mask ) and let the brushes in place. Input shaft/splines were greased and in really good shape. Motor is allready back in place and i have a Yamaha brush set for sale! To be sure, i'll next test the motor with a 12v battery in the cart, and If it runs, the problem seems to be the controller...
By the way, i've found the tag on the Team axle, covered by dust, as described by CGtech, and it's a yellow one, puh!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20210517_182135.jpg (87.0 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha