lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-03-2021, 06:44 PM   #1
sutliff01
Not Yet Wild

Default 89 G1 ground

I went to pull off the starter to bench test it because my 89 g1 won’t start. Well after bench testing it, it was good so I put it back on the cart still won’t start. The problem I just found is as I went to tighten the screw to tighten the belt, the channellocks I was using touched the heat shield for the gas tank and the lights came on and it would turn over but all cut off when I took off the channellocks.
sutliff01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-05-2021, 12:54 AM   #2
sutliff01
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 89 G1 ground

So I could only find one ground but I went ahead and cleaned it up and that seemed to fix it but now my cart will decide randomly when it wants to turn over. Sometimes it will start first hit in reverse or first hit in forward others I have to switch back and forth between hitting the pedal in forward and in reverse to get it to work. Could this be the pedal? Or would it be more like solenoids
Old 04-05-2021, 06:05 AM   #3
ndknives
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

how did the brushes look when you had the starter out?
ndknives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 07:39 PM   #4
sutliff01
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndknives View Post
how did the brushes look when you had the starter out?
I didn’t check them I bench tested it and it and it worked fine multiple times so I figured it was good enough
Old 04-06-2021, 05:13 AM   #5
ndknives
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

i was having a similar issue on my g9 i would turn the primary clutch slightly and it would usually fire right up after that. you could also have corrosion on your other connection points, while i did my brushes i was taking 1 connection at a time and cleaning it up and that helped me alot with other issues i had.
ndknives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 01:52 AM   #6
sutliff01
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndknives View Post
i was having a similar issue on my g9 i would turn the primary clutch slightly and it would usually fire right up after that. you could also have corrosion on your other connection points, while i did my brushes i was taking 1 connection at a time and cleaning it up and that helped me alot with other issues i had.
So I think I’ve narrowed it down to a combination of the forward solenoid being bad and the stop go switch being fenicky. I saw a post about taking out the stop go switch out to disassemble and clean. I got it out but realized it didn’t look like I would be able to take it about so I put it back into the cart. Now for the most part the cart will start in reverse with me having to repeatedly mash the pedal on some occasions to get it to crank
Old 04-09-2021, 07:12 AM   #7
AGELE55
Gone Wild

Yamaha

The accelerator switch has two sets of contacts. One set is normally open and closes to provide voltage to the ignition switch and relay to get you going. The other set is no ally closed grounding out and killing ignition with the pedal released. A finicky switch will definitely cause headaches..
Lift the floorboard , unplug the switch, and meter it to see if it’s acting up.
If it’s bad, I wrote up a $10 plan to replace it instead of the $50 official replacement switch.
AGELE55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 04:54 PM   #8
sutliff01
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGELE55 View Post
The accelerator switch has two sets of contacts. One set is normally open and closes to provide voltage to the ignition switch and relay to get you going. The other set is no ally closed grounding out and killing ignition with the pedal released. A finicky switch will definitely cause headaches..
If it’s bad, I wrote up a $10 plan to replace it instead of the $50 official replacement switch.
Unfortunately I can’t unplug the switch because the previous owner repaired 3 of the 4 wires with crimp connectors. I could always cut them to test and fix it. I wouldn’t be opposed to removing it all together.
Old 04-21-2021, 12:32 AM   #9
sutliff01
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGELE55 View Post
well don't be shy drop your $10 plan or let me know how to bypass it
Old 04-21-2021, 07:52 AM   #10
AGELE55
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutliff01 View Post
well don't be shy drop your $10 plan or let me know how to bypass it
I’m not sure how to steer you to it. I posted it on this site under the title “ Cheap G1 accelerator/ stop switch”. Try doing a search off the homepage. It should show up. If not, let me know?
AGELE55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha