lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-01-2021, 09:50 PM   #1
Pope
Not Yet Wild

Default 2001 EZGO TXT - Flooded Cart

Hello again! Several weeks ago I "found a deal" on 2 carts and 3 chargers from a guy in Eastern NC that was "cleaning up" his garage. One is a 1985 3 wheel ezgo the Camaro helped me get fixed up. The other is a 2001 TXT that was under 8 feet of water during one of the last hurricanes that came through. The cart has a 4 inch lift kit with a removed roof and knobby tires. The guy said it belonged to a buddy of his that gave it to him and he never had a chance to look into it at all. So far I've replaced the brake pads, changed the differential oil, replaced the solenoid (had an extra one laying around), put batteries from the 85 in it and can't get the solenoid to click. I found the attached solenoid activation circuit on this site and went piece by piece down the circuit, highlighting when I got continuity on my voltmeter. As of now, I can get 37V on the positive side of the solenoid, but no voltage on either small post and no voltage on the posts of the F&R switch. Can someone take a look at this and offer any suggestions? I'm sure I'll end up finding out some of the major components need replacing, but I'd like to at least get the voltage to them first...

Thank you in advance!

I'll post some pics of the cart from mobile...I'm super excited about this project
Attached Files
File Type: pdf traced wires.pdf (135.9 KB, 0 views)
Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-02-2021, 08:21 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2001 EZGO TXT - Flooded Cart

first thing IK would do is to test the motor....seeing as how you sait it was under 8" of water....which means it was submerged for a good amount of time. you never mentioned if you had checked it out or replaced it.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 08:33 AM   #3
Pope
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
first thing IK would do is to test the motor....seeing as how you sait it was under 8" of water....which means it was submerged for a good amount of time. you never mentioned if you had checked it out or replaced it.
I haven't checked it or replaced it. I've got an extra motor in the deal that is supposedly in good shape. I found a video on youtube for testing the motor, will do that soon. My thought is to get the electricity traveling and then troubleshoot the components as we get there. Is that the backwards way of doing this?
Old 04-02-2021, 10:11 PM   #4
Pope
Not Yet Wild

Found the issue!! I didn't have a good connection at the reed switch and so I wasn't getting power to the small positive post.

Pressed the gas and it lurched forward! Jacked up the wheels and it works..kinda. Right rear tire is hauling butt while left rear doesn't move at all. Theres a scraping sound coming from the right rear..I did just put brakes on it, but dont think I adjusted them right. Maybe bad wheel bearings? Thiughts?
Old 05-18-2021, 09:06 AM   #5
Pope
Not Yet Wild

Dumb question...The guy I bought the cart from gave me 2 Total Charge III chargers. They had a plug made for an older style cart so I bought a newer plug and put it on. One charger doesn't work a all. The other charger clicked on and then off. Here's the dumb question: Would an older charger not work with a 2001 txt?
Old 03-23-2022, 05:06 PM   #6
Pope
Not Yet Wild

Need some help. I'm upgrading controller to an Alltrax 48400. I upgraded the fnr switch and solenoid at the same time. On the fnr switch, I have the red wire from the charger on the top connector for the micro switch on the driver side. I've got the key wire on the other side of that switch. I have continuity, but no voltage. What am I missing? I have voltage at the red wire that connects to the switch.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO