lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-30-2021, 09:33 PM   #21
Murby
Gone Wild

Default Re: I finally went with lithium... thanks to plowmans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
I don't expect cost of Lithium to come down quickly. But 2X the cost of FLA is worth it if you factor in that they should last 2X as long. No acid leakage and corrosion to deal with, huge weight savings, etc. The only down side is that they can never be over charged or over discharged. The BMS helps with that.
I bought my original 16.5kWh 2013 Chevy VOLT pack for $800.. then back early last year, I bought 25kWh's of Chevy BOLT cells and paid $80 per kilowatt for them.

Prices have sky rocketed on Lithium and I would have bet my barn a year ago that $70 to $80 per kW for salvaged EV cells would be common by now.

WTF? You can't touch EV cells right now for under $150 per kW, and those are the used up junk if you can even find them.

With all the EV's being sold, I would have thought the salvaged market for cells would be flooded...

Where are all these cells we should be seeing?
Murby is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-01-2021, 08:27 PM   #22
PorkChopsMmm
Not Yet Wild

CP241, good point. So I had to sit down to decipher exactly what cart I have because the serial numbers second character is damaged. Looks like it's a 2005 PQ -- so it's an IQ cart.

Here is a video I found of an Allied video and product for bypassing the OBC -- is this what you did? My OBC looks different since I have 6x8v bank.

Allied video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM1sH-5TGCY

I've seen other how to's, like this one, that seem much more complex.
http://www.golfcart.com/images/CGR-123.pdf
PorkChopsMmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 07:05 AM   #23
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkChopsMmm View Post
CP241, good point. So I had to sit down to decipher exactly what cart I have because the serial numbers second character is damaged. Looks like it's a 2005 PQ -- so it's an IQ cart.

Here is a video I found of an Allied video and product for bypassing the OBC -- is this what you did? My OBC looks different since I have 6x8v bank.

Allied video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM1sH-5TGCY

I've seen other how to's, like this one, that seem much more complex.
http://www.golfcart.com/images/CGR-123.pdf

I’ve got a DS so I’m not sure on a precedent. On my DS there’s a sense wire that tells the controller a charge cycle has occurred you have to bypass also. Otherwise the controller can lock out operation. There’s a sticky here in the electric club car section on bypassing the obc. I don’t know which instructions would apply to your cart, I’ve never owned a precedent. Just lots and lots of DS’s

I’d imagine if you read through it, one of the variations in that thread will match your cart and what you see under the cover. At least that’s how I pieced it together. My obc is just a LOT harder to access because it’s under the rear access cover, which is buried under a rear seat. You got it easy
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 09:13 PM   #24
PorkChopsMmm
Not Yet Wild

So I picked up the batteries and charger tonight from Plowman’s. Very excited for the install! I picked up a Lester OBC bypass wiring kit that looks very easy to install. I am going to use this as an opportunity to install a 48V->12V converter and install a full LED light kit with turn signals and brake lights. Maybe even paint the body, too! It’s already lifted on knobby wheels so this isn’t a full build. Hopefully will be installed by next weekend. Pictures to come!
Old 05-14-2021, 01:29 PM   #25
PorkChopsMmm
Not Yet Wild

OBC bypassed, Allied batteries installed, and she worked on the first go! Now I have torn the cart down again to clean it up, paint the body, and install the ultimate light kit. Thanks for the help!
Old 05-14-2021, 11:20 PM   #26
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkChopsMmm View Post
OBC bypassed, Allied batteries installed, and she worked on the first go! Now I have torn the cart down again to clean it up, paint the body, and install the ultimate light kit. Thanks for the help!
Be sure to update and tell how it does! Weather is getting nice, better paint fast!
Old 06-26-2021, 08:06 PM   #27
DaveMJ
Gone Wild

Club Car

Installed two Allied Lithiums today. Significantly faster acceleration and top speed increased from 24 to 28 MPH. Could not be happier. I'll evaluate the range over the next few days.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210626_201644.jpg (165.0 KB, 0 views)
DaveMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 09:22 PM   #28
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Amazing how much power is in 2 little batteries that weigh almost nothing!

Do you have any performance upgrades on your cart? Curious if the range of the little 60aH pack with a controller or motor upgrade
Old 06-26-2021, 09:34 PM   #29
DaveMJ
Gone Wild

Club Car

It's a 2010 Precedent with 6" lift, 23" tires, stock controller with EMP motor.
DaveMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 10:23 PM   #30
mnealuf
Not Yet Wild

I recently bought a broken 95 DS with hurt controller and now it needs batteries very soon and in same boat as OP. I am a mechanical engineer for a living so the packaging aspect is no brainer but not sure I want to hassle of learning the electron side.😛. I may call plowman and discuss what a drop in kit would cost.
mnealuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car