lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!
Extreme DC! Extreme Electric Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-28-2021, 11:48 AM   #1
Erich
Not Yet Wild

Default Questions regarding PQ Bandit

Good afternoon from sunny Florida!
Our family just picked up an ‘06 CCP. It isn’t ‘stock’ speed but runs about 15-16mph GPS. We would like to increase that speed a bit (going to be stretched and will run 23.5in tires) because we are in a golf cart community. My question is, on the Plum Quick site they recommend using a different motor outside the Bandit series for stretched carts. Why is that?
My only guess is the stability of the cart at higher speeds or the torque on the frame.
With renewed Bandit built motor, what kind of manual controller can be used with the cart to ensure my kids can operate it at safe speeds?
Essentially I would like to have a setup that I can drive at a good clipping speed but also safe enough for kids operation.
Any help?

~Erich

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Erich is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-01-2021, 04:16 PM   #2
Noonan
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Questions regarding PQ Bandit

You'll want more torque with a heavier cart.
An Alltrax controller with a FN key module is just what you're looking for to set different profiles for you and the kids. It can be changed on the fly and is operated with a key so it stays right where you put it.
Noonan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 02:22 PM   #3
Erich
Not Yet Wild

Good timing I suppose. Was driving this afternoon and the cart started to slow rapidly after cresting over a small hill. I pulled over to check the motor temp by touch and it was warm but not hot-hot (seemed normal). I let things cool for a few minutes just in case and was on my way. About a mile out from my house it sped up and slowed down several times and ultimately to a stall with the pedal down. Just as if the batteries weren’t even juiced up. When I finally got it back to the house, I pulled the seat up and the controller was hotter than the motor. Further I checked all connections just to be sure and they were all tight. I can’t find my meter to test inputs/outputs, but from everything I gather on the net, it’s more than likely my culprit.
Anyone have insight on this?

Old 03-18-2021, 07:12 PM   #4
Erich
Not Yet Wild

Hey all

I replaced the controller with the Navitas 440, OTF manual control. The controller with Bluetooth is exceptional in my opinion. Not a product shout out but dang this cart is quick now haha. Per the pic below, know that I’m not running it like that all the time as I know electronics wear faster. Just wanted to see what’s she did.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!