lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-26-2021, 10:12 PM   #1
mattrourke
Getting Wild

Default 2013 G29 Drive Build

So, I've had my completed G16 project for about 2 years now and just made it through the first summer of owning an RV trailer and actually using the golf cart around the campgrounds. So much fun and everyone loves it.

I just picked up a gas, ex maintenance cart from a golf course that seems to be in very good mechanical condition but rough body.

Here is my list of items that have been ordered and I'm waiting on to arrive.

- Havoc off road body kit in black
- 6" a-arm lift
- 23" all terrain tires on 12" wheels
- new bag well
- new engine cover
- new rocker panels
- new rear bumper
- new dash
- tinted windshield
- new floor
- HD rear springs
- new arm rests
- black seat

I will do the same as my last cart and strip it down to paint the frame etc and build it back up with the new parts.

Here is my G16 build:
https://buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=149517

Now I just need to find some time to get started.

Sent from my SM-G988W using Tapatalk
mattrourke is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-27-2021, 10:06 AM   #2
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: 2013 G29 Drive Build

Sounds like a fun build...I like the Havoc kit it has a look of its own...I believe it comes with head and tail lights also correct? That's the only thing I would also add and run the wiring while you have it down to bare frame.
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 08:06 PM   #3
mattrourke
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroluvz28 View Post
Sounds like a fun build...I like the Havoc kit it has a look of its own...I believe it comes with head and tail lights also correct? That's the only thing I would also add and run the wiring while you have it down to bare frame.
Yep, comes with headlights and tail lights. Which is part of what helps justify going the body kit route. My G16 cost me so much in time and materials to fix the old beat up body, plus adding lights, that it is nearly the same cost to just get a kit (especially if I assign even a small $ amount for my time). I will post lots of pictures of the install as I didn't really see a havoc install documented on here but if anyone knows of a havoc build, let me know so I can pre-read.

Old 01-27-2021, 10:42 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Yamaha drives all have a channel just under the floor mat designed to hold the head/tail light wiring, please consider using it, as it provides a safer home for wire harnesses than "zip tied to the bottom of the frame". As was stated before, run the wires while the body is off, much easier.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 12:57 AM   #5
mattrourke
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Yamaha drives all have a channel just under the floor mat designed to hold the head/tail light wiring, please consider using it, as it provides a safer home for wire harnesses than "zip tied to the bottom of the frame". As was stated before, run the wires while the body is off, much easier.
Thank you. That is a great tip. Anything I should be watching for on these G29? It looks like Im out of the woods on the team clutches but still have the weaker of the transaxels compared to the 2015.

Old 01-28-2021, 01:26 AM   #6
cgtech

Yamaha

First of all, any team axle you buy, change the fluid immediately, using the correct fluid. The service manual calls for a 4-year interval, I believe 2 years is better (when you see how nasty the oil gets, you might agree), also, check the rear hub nuts (center nut in the middle of the 4 lug studs), it should be 75 lb-ft.
Old 01-28-2021, 11:55 PM   #7
mattrourke
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
First of all, any team axle you buy, change the fluid immediately, using the correct fluid. The service manual calls for a 4-year interval, I believe 2 years is better (when you see how nasty the oil gets, you might agree), also, check the rear hub nuts (center nut in the middle of the 4 lug studs), it should be 75 lb-ft.
Thank you! I will take care of that right away. Honestly I probably put about 40kms/ year on my cart. It's Northern Canada, summer is short and I don't golf so just laps around the campground. I might actually get away with the 4 year interval ;)

Old 01-30-2021, 12:45 PM   #8
cgtech

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattrourke View Post
Thank you! I will take care of that right away. Honestly I probably put about 40kms/ year on my cart. It's Northern Canada, summer is short and I don't golf so just laps around the campground. I might actually get away with the 4 year interval ;)

Maybe so, here in the desert, the weather allows golf cart use year round... not so sure I'd want to try that in northern Canada.
Old 03-03-2021, 04:23 PM   #9
mattrourke
Getting Wild

COVID has been keeping me from picking up the cart to start working on it but it has not stopped me from ordering parts. So far I have received new bumper, rocker panels, engine cover, bag well, floor, havoc body kit front and back, 6" a-arm lift, 23" tires on 12" wheels, tinted windshield and I'm in the process of ordering custom flooring like they use in wake/surf boats. It will be black with tan routered lines and either the Yamaha or Havoc logo routered in to the floor and I'll line the bag well, also. I'm also in the process of ordering LazyLife highback seats in tan with black centeres with a diamond pattern stitched in tan. Can't wait to start tearing into the cart!!

Old 03-03-2021, 08:18 PM   #10
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Man that is gunna be a saweet cart!!! Excited to see it keep us posted !
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha