lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-11-2020, 02:42 PM   #1
boosted4v
Not Yet Wild

Default Roypow or Evolution lithium

Looking at both batteries. Evolution’s have higher ah ratings also they have stateside support out of Florida and California. Did a search with no results on the evolution’s batteries. Evolution electric vehicles makes them.
boosted4v is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-15-2020, 04:56 PM   #2
davidgolfer
Gone Wild

Default Re: Roypow or Evolution lithium

Quote:
Originally Posted by boosted4v View Post
Looking at both batteries. Evolution’s have higher ah ratings also they have stateside support out of Florida and California. Did a search with no results on the evolution’s batteries. Evolution electric vehicles makes them.
I don't think they actually make them. They are built for them in china and labeled with their name. I talked to them about buying just the batteries a while back. They do offer conversion kits for cc and ezgo if I remember correctly. Think pricing was higher at the time. Didn't pull the trigger because I couldn't find anyone that had actually used them to give real world results
davidgolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 06:14 PM   #3
Lightning8U
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Roypow or Evolution lithium

Quote:
Originally Posted by boosted4v View Post
I much prefer RoyPow.
Lightning8U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 09:55 PM   #4
RNajarian
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Roypow of evolution lithium

Would you know if these batteries comparable with the Delta Q Quiq charger?

I’m going to need to swap out my 6 8v Lead acids in a little while and was thinking of going this route.
RNajarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 10:04 PM   #5
powjunkie
Not Yet Wild

I'm really close to buying from one of them. I'm leaning toward the Evolution 180ah battery that's the same footprint as the 160ah from Roypow. Evolution is slightly lighter weight in an aluminum case vs painted steel for Roypow (which I assume is the weight diff). This isn't as much of a consideration as the higher ah rating for almost the same money.

I would like to know why Roypow is the preferred vendor for anyone who knows both of them.
powjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 10:08 PM   #6
powjunkie
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNajarian View Post
Would you know if these batteries comparable with the Delta Q Quiq charger?

I’m going to need to swap out my 6 8v Lead acids in a little while and was thinking of going this route.
I have the same charger and it is compatible with lithium batteries. I plan on using it to charge mine when I do my swap. It's 18amp vs the 22amp they recommend, so it may take a little longer to fully charge. My plan is to go with it initially and if charging time ends up being an issue for me, I'll make the change later.
Old 12-15-2020, 10:18 PM   #7
RNajarian
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks for the reply. I’m evaluating what I’ve got and what I’ll need for the lithium swap. I think my FSIP 500 amp controller will work with the new batteries.
RNajarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 01:31 PM   #8
powjunkie
Not Yet Wild

Update on this topic...although the DeltaQ QuiQ charger is compatible with lithium, it has be sent to Full River to be programmed with the correct charging algorithm. The cost to do this is ~$150, so I'm planning to upgrade my charger after all.
Old 01-06-2021, 02:00 PM   #9
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

There seems to be quite a lot of misinformation about using traditional lead acid golf cart chargers with Lithium batteries.

It is probably a good idea to just assume you will need to purchase the proper charger and just try to sell your old one.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 05:13 PM   #10
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

The Roypow comes with it's charger included.
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium