lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-05-2018, 09:43 AM   #61
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Re: ZONGSHEN 625CC engine

I used Vegascarts 32 mm I.D. mikuni intake manifold adapter mounted to the carb and the K&N oval filter on the end of that. Pic in my Vc 460 build on page 13. This is on the 24 mm carb mounted on my 460
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-05-2018, 09:51 AM   #62
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the info Ray. Anxious to hear your results too tireguy. It is highly likely I will relocate the air filter inlet which will require the adapter and some piping. Right now it is OK but once warm weather hits I will need to get the air inlet moved up and away from the rear tire. The stock airbox inlet is right where it will suck in plenty of dust.

The K&N filters are fine with me but I did notice R2C Performance offers the same style filters but with filter media more like the paper media in the canister filter David Maner uses. That canister might be too big for my engine compartment and not sure I want to fill the bagwell with it.
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 11:52 AM   #63
roadtech
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Has anyone tested where the gov kicks in. I was told that it was 4000 rpm. I can reach 30 mph at 4200 rpm. When I first ran my 625 and ran WOT the engine would cut off with a puff of smoke. There is a throttle limit screw that I set to prevent WOT and the cutoff issue. (I still have the gov wire connected)
I have since acquired a tach and am nervous to test the gov since I am already in the 4K range. The document Dave found show 3600 rpm on the generator, but no indication of a red line.

I am lucky in that my G2 came with 8-1 rear gear and can reach 36 at 4600 rpm.

Eventually I want to remove the gov and not sure where the safe redline should be.

The spring to the left of the red throttle lever is the stop.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cable.jpg (151.7 KB, 0 views)
roadtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 12:11 PM   #64
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The throttle stop is handy to know. Looking at mine I wondered what it did since it was threaded out so far it would almost fall out of the threads. I screwed it in just a bit to get some spring pressure on it and not lose it.

As far as I know there is only an electronic governor on it and VC's webpage says that is 4000rpm. The generator engine spec sheet may be for the engine sold for generators. This engine is likely available in various configurations. That engine on the webpage shows a different throttle actuator and no mechanical governor arm.
Old 01-05-2018, 01:15 PM   #65
tireguy
Not Yet Wild

the 625 I put in the txt went to 4800/5000 with or without the governor wire hooked up.The "black governor wire" appears to have something to do with the low oil pressure sensor not sure how it works but i can tell you it don't make a bit of difference connected or unhooked.Will be interesting to see if the one I am putting in the g2 will be the same.
tireguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 02:30 PM   #66
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster59 View Post
I have a question for anyone who has the Vegas Carts three circuit 24mm carb either on a 625 or the 460. If you mounted a round filter adapter is the intake hole in the adapter as large as or larger than the carb throat? I looked at some adapters this week and some of them don't mention the throat diameter and some state a throat ID smaller than the throttle plate size of 27mm/1.06". If I were going to use a filter adapter wouldn't I want one at least as large as the throttle plate?
I'm running one of the 24mm carbs. The Vegas round adapter fits perfectly to the new carb. In all reality the carb needs some rounding on the face of the carb where the choke stem is. The Vegas setup works good for me as I done have the dust and dirt issues. The adapter is 2 7/16" --- I used a 2.5" rubber 90 to clear the original shock. A 2.5" piece of exhaust pipe hooks the air filter to the 90 elbow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg G2 Mini Truck 131.jpg (226.4 KB, 0 views)
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 02:46 PM   #67
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepard View Post
I'm running one of the 24mm carbs. The Vegas round adapter fits perfectly to the new carb. In all reality the carb needs some rounding on the face of the carb where the choke stem is. The Vegas setup works good for me as I done have the dust and dirt issues. The adapter is 2 7/16" --- I used a 2.5" rubber 90 to clear the original shock. A 2.5" piece of exhaust pipe hooks the air filter to the 90 elbow.
The Vegas setup for the 625 is that metal rectangular can. At least for the TXT version. And the airbox inlet is on the bottom front corner. OK for a generator.......

What kind of rubber 90 did you get? The only rubber 90 I have found so far is designed to mate two pieces of 2" schedule 40 pipe. It doesn't seem as stiff as I would like for something that will be subjected to suction.

Maybe something like this?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GXJHZGO...O7KS1RZI&psc=1
Old 01-05-2018, 04:47 PM   #68
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster59 View Post
The Vegas setup for the 625 is that metal rectangular can. At least for the TXT version. And the airbox inlet is on the bottom front corner. OK for a generator.......

What kind of rubber 90 did you get? The only rubber 90 I have found so far is designed to mate two pieces of 2" schedule 40 pipe. It doesn't seem as stiff as I would like for something that will be subjected to suction.

Maybe something like this?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GXJHZGO...O7KS1RZI&psc=1
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-5-90DEGRE...wAAOSwAvJW80SG
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 06:32 PM   #69
SonE63@aol.com
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the info. Guys
SonE63@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps