lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-28-2017, 04:52 PM   #21
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Default Re: ZONGSHEN 625CC engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster59 View Post
If your mounting plate is like mine, thick billet aluminum, I would use the spacers under the plate and mount the engine solidly to a flat, firm surface. Much better for that aluminum casting to keep its bottom firmly planted.

I know your using the aluminum engine plate where I used steel. I had to use 2 --- 1/2" pieces of aluminum flat stock and raise the rear of the engine 1 inch for everything to be level. I wouldn't use washers -- It needs something under it whole length of the mount.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN5538.JPG (231.9 KB, 0 views)
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-28-2017, 05:13 PM   #22
leschilli67
Getting Wild

I like that, any issue after you raised it with the drive belt rubbing the mounting plate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
leschilli67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 05:20 PM   #23
leschilli67
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepard View Post
I know your using the aluminum engine plate where I used steel. I had to use 2 --- 1/2" pieces of aluminum flat stock and raise the rear of the engine 1 inch for everything to be level. I wouldn't use washers -- It needs something under it whole length of the mount.

What type of cart is that? Mine is a G16. My mounting plate is set up on 4 , 3.25” aluminum spacers, one in each corner. Looks to be different than yours.
Old 12-28-2017, 09:35 PM   #24
David Maner
Morel Man

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
We still don't know if VC's set up still uses the low oil sensor or not. It may not be wired in.
From looking at the pictures of the engine my bet is its a low oil pressure switch. Low oil level or low oil pressure gets you to the same place. A shut down before the engine is toast

That would be my best guess
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 625-1.jpg (410.2 KB, 0 views)
David Maner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 10:44 AM   #25
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Maner View Post
I've been searching ever since they put this engine out there trying to find any info on it. Finally stumbled on this tonight.

I'm looking for the same for the 460 and have been for a while but to no avail. There are others selling the 460 engine in various stages of race ready but I can't find the manufactures information on the engine yet. I'll keep looking though

Knowledge is good
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 11:25 AM   #26
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

The 460 is a Geoff creation. It is basically a bored and stroked 420. And according to the story Geoff has the exclusive rights to the 10 bolt HD block in the USA. If this is absolute fact my guess is that he sells this block to the clone race engine builders such as NR,Bullfrog,and ARC. Bullfrog has a 500 cc version that seems to be a further bored 460 10 bolt block.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 02:47 PM   #27
David Maner
Morel Man

Club Car

From looking at these two photos it looks like there is a path to feed oil to the flywheel side bearing and also looks as if there is a path for oil to the PTO side of the crank.

Picture one shows a ridge where what could be the oil sensor tapped into it then on over to the flywheel side of the engine you'll notice a plug like the block may be drilled to supply oil to that side of the engines crank bearing.

Picture two shows a ridge that very well could be drilled to supply oil to the PTO side crank bearing.

Beings as how the ridge to the flywheel side seems larger I wonder if maybe the rod bearing is fed oil from that side through the crank and the PTO maybe having a ball bearing on that side supporting the working end of the shaft.

Its hard to feed a crank pin with oil through a ball bearing. A sleeve bearing on the other hand is how its done

Sure would like to find a parts breakdown for this engine.

Just playing with ideas here in my my head to give this old man something to think about. Sure wish I still could partake of the left handed smokes :-)

Peace
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 625-1.jpg (410.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 625.jpg (457.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-29-2017, 02:55 PM   #28
David Maner
Morel Man

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
The 460 is a Geoff creation. It is basically a bored and stroked 420. And according to the story Geoff has the exclusive rights to the 10 bolt HD block in the USA. If this is absolute fact my guess is that he sells this block to the clone race engine builders such as NR,Bullfrog,and ARC. Bullfrog has a 500 cc version that seems to be a further bored 460 10 bolt block.
That would explain why I can't find anything on the 460 other than what the builders of these engines are giving us. I remember Geoff saying something about spending quite some time in China working on getting this engine up to fruition.

I know even though its 30 degrees out I can go out to the shop, turn the switch on, pull the choke out, hit the gas pedal and this engine will fire up on its first compression stroke. In a few seconds it'll sit there and idle all day long if I want it to. Awesome engine, this 460
Old 12-29-2017, 03:11 PM   #29
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

If you read Geoffw's early posting's here in the clone section you can see the genesis of the idea that is now vegascarts. On 12/07/2012 He lays out the specs for the VC 440 and the formation of vegascarts.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 03:20 PM   #30
leschilli67
Getting Wild

Well I leveled the motor mount plate, well it’s at 5 degrees, best I can do for now, added close to a half quart more oil , took it out for a drive and perfect! Tested out a few small hills and no issues, ran like a clock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps