lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-18-2021, 05:17 PM   #71
Theorangeman
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: i40L ICON Electric Street Legal Golf Cart

That's interesting... isn't that illegal though?

I would be willing to bring a wad of cash with me if I didn't have to pay 7.5% sales tax cause that's about $600 of savings. That would be a discount that I'd be interested in.

Edit: I guess you probably mean that they discount the price of the cart - in this case $600 - but they actually still technically pay tax, correct? I've seen retailers/vendors do that before as sort of a sales gimmick. Pay cash and no sales tax but what they really mean is pay cash and get xx% discount.
Theorangeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-20-2021, 09:27 PM   #72
FLCardio
Not Yet Wild

Did you decide either way? How was Bayside Carts?

Also in the Tampa area myself and in the market for a cart. Just trying to find time to get out to a couple of these shops.
FLCardio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 08:59 AM   #73
Billiam46
Not Yet Wild

We just got 2021 Champagne i40L and love it. Plans are to use it around town and camping. Silly question but is the break LED with ! I’m supposed to come on when using the brake pedal? It looks like it would be similar to the parking brake on other models. Obviously, the icon doesn’t have that due to the auto brake. Didn’t notice at dealership and of course it’s Sunday and they’re not there.
Billiam46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 09:52 AM   #74
Theorangeman
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLCardio View Post
Did you decide either way? How was Bayside Carts?

Also in the Tampa area myself and in the market for a cart. Just trying to find time to get out to a couple of these shops.
I keep going back and forth on what to do. I'm leaning towards a used Club Car Onward. I can get one for less than an Icon, so I'm thinking about going in that direction.

I've been to Bayside a couple of times and had very pleasant experiences. They are low pressure and allow you to test drive the car in their parking lot by yourself. My neighbor bought one from them and had a good experience.
Theorangeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 05:19 PM   #75
FLCardio
Not Yet Wild

Finally got a chance to get out and see a few of these. Drove an i40 at Shaffer's American Custom Carts and came away impressed and will mostly like be what I go with. Non-lifted but going to get upgraded wheels/tires. Besides throwing on a sound bar really nothing else I need to do to it. New, warranty as well as new trojan batteries and in which case I'll use those up first and in a few years then switch to lithium once the technology matures and price comes down.

Looked at new ClubCar/EZGO at another shop that had lithiums already though pretty low capacity and would still need to put on an extended roof, add seat belts, a rear grab bar and just didn't look as nice.

Have bookmarked several used carts around the area but seems like most already have 2-3 years on the batteries and would need to make several additions to get those to where I want.
FLCardio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 06:49 AM   #76
jeffahfah
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billiam46 View Post
We just got 2021 Champagne i40L and love it. Plans are to use it around town and camping. Silly question but is the break LED with ! I’m supposed to come on when using the brake pedal? It looks like it would be similar to the parking brake on other models. Obviously, the icon doesn’t have that due to the auto brake. Didn’t notice at dealership and of course it’s Sunday and they’re not there.
Yes, it does for mine too. Basically think it just means the break is engaged. I personally dont pay much attention to the digital cluster other than to look at battery (which is inaccurate because I dont have the new unit) and hitting 30mph, which I have to do every time Im on the cart. *MUST* *HIT* *30MPH* OUTTA THE WAY DOG WALKER AND GRANDMAS!
jeffahfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 08:05 AM   #77
fstop
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffahfah View Post
Yes, it does for mine too. Basically think it just means the break is engaged. I personally dont pay much attention to the digital cluster other than to look at battery (which is inaccurate because I dont have the new unit) and hitting 30mph, which I have to do every time Im on the cart. *MUST* *HIT* *30MPH* OUTTA THE WAY DOG WALKER AND GRANDMAS!
Are the Icons actually hitting 30 in stock form or is the speedometer that is built in a little optimistic? Pretty nice if the former!
fstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 08:21 AM   #78
fixed4life
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by fstop View Post
Are the Icons actually hitting 30 in stock form or is the speedometer that is built in a little optimistic? Pretty nice if the former!
My non lifted i40 runs 35 after tweaking the limiter a bit (verified by GPS). Still much to learn about programming the torque curve to get additional power up there though (load is low, but the power is too). That said, here in flat south Florida it runs around just fine, just takes a bit for the final 5mph.
fixed4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 11:37 AM   #79
jeffahfah
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by fstop View Post
No, I think stock Icon's are 25-27mph tops. My dealer does the modification on all of them for 30mph. If doing 30mph, get spacers, makes a big difference in handling at that speed (with the sacrifice of having mud/dirt flung everywhere)
jeffahfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 12:52 PM   #80
CartsRFun
Gone Wild

Actually my stock I40 has hit 30mph...
CartsRFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon