lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-26-2017, 03:54 PM   #1
JaxPilot
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Brakes, hubs, and bearings questions

Most know by now I'm starting ground up on the 99 TXT build. Questions are, once the Ausco Brake kit arrives from CA:

1. Do I need to, or should I, replace the rear wheel bearings while I have the whole thing apart? If so, is there a recommended aftermarket part number for a sealed bearing, or is the EZGO part the cheapest and best?

2. Do I need to consider HD *FRONT* hubs while I'm rebuilding, if there even is such a thing?

3. Should the front bearings be replaced at this time also?

I'm just wondering if I am this deep, for a few hundred dollars more it might make sense to get all components up to 100%, and I should have to dig in again any time soon.

Thanks,
Paul
JaxPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-26-2017, 04:06 PM   #2
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Brakes, hubs, and bearings questions

I considered my 98 to have a "few" miles, years, and probably poor maintenance, so I replaced or rebuilt many components. I never did a complete tear-down, though. I rebuilt my steering box, only to end up completely replacing it later, as there are some wear parts that aren't available. I also rebuilt my rear-end and motor. Changed brake shoes, ball joints, etc. The only thing I haven't done yet is my front wheel bearings.

If you're on a budget, some things can be done painlessly as needed. Other things are easier when it's already torn apart.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 07:11 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Brakes, hubs, and bearings questions

The rear axle bearings are common to go, and have a "6000 series" number on the side of the bearing that any auto parts store can easily get. I would do the rears since you are in there, will give you a chance to clean/lube rear hub splines & torque hubs. Fronts are likely fine unless it's been submerged.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO