lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides
Members Rides Golf Carts Only.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-26-2017, 05:21 AM   #1
rewillia
Not Yet Wild

Default Garia 2+2 LSV and Hydralift

This is how we roll

Garia 2+2 Via 4-passenger street legal Low Speed Vehicle (LSV) and the special build Hydralift we had installed on our coach to we can take it along with us wherever we go.

IMG_2135.jpg

20170222_170402.jpg

20170222_114629.jpg
rewillia is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-26-2017, 07:55 AM   #2
Seaquell
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Garia 2+2 LSV and Hydralift

What a great setup. I think that's a great great way to have a vehicle with you when you travel!
Can you drive it in any state and do you have to stay on roads posted at 35 or less?
Seaquell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 09:13 AM   #3
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Great Garcia and even better setup with the rv. I'm jealous!
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 11:40 AM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Introducing the new lineup of Garcia golf carts. Definitely not made in Finland. LOL!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 13315267_1606789802944895_8244613961624688925_n.jpg.cf.jpg (42.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg g3.jpg.cf.jpg (39.5 KB, 0 views)
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 01:36 PM   #5
cgtech

Yamaha

I am also interested to know. Do you use it on streets when you travel? And if so, any troubles/stern talking to by authorities? Is it plated/registered in any state? I see a tag on the back, but around here that could mean anything, many people in private communities just put any plate from any state they feel like, maybe off their old hotrod, maybe just a really old plate they think looks cool. BTW - yes I know what a Garia is, we are a dealer, last post was a joke I just couldn't resist.
Old 03-05-2017, 07:22 AM   #6
rewillia
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
I am also interested to know. Do you use it on streets when you travel? And if so, any troubles/stern talking to by authorities? Is it plated/registered in any state? I see a tag on the back, but around here that could mean anything, many people in private communities just put any plate from any state they feel like, maybe off their old hotrod, maybe just a really old plate they think looks cool. BTW - yes I know what a Garia is, we are a dealer, last post was a joke I just couldn't resist.
Yes, we use it on public roads where the posted speed limits are 35MPH or less. In fact, we can also cross roads where speed limits are greater up to 50 MPH and can legally drive it on roads >35 (<50) for up to 1/4-mile if connecting to another road where the limit is 35 MPH. (hope that makes sense).

In our case, our Garia 2+2 LSV has been legally titled and registered with official license plates issued by the State of Louisiana (our domicile) and also displays a valid State Vehicle inspection sticker. In fact, we were told by the LA DMV, that it was the 1st one to ever be registered in the State of Louisiana.

As we can expect to periodically be stopped by local Law Enforcement in both our home city & state as well as other cities & states, we carry with us (on/in the LSV) copies of 1) our State issued Motor-Vehicle Title which indicates it as being a certified LSV), 2) copy of our State Vehicle Registration (corresponding to the issued License Plate and also denoting it to be a LSV), 3) proof of insurance, 4) copy of the US DOT/ NHTSA regulations pertaining to the legally permitted use of qualifying LSVs on public roads and 5) a copy of the National Insurance Institution's publication of State laws (for all 50 contiguous states) pertaining to the legal use of these (LSVs) on respective public roads.

Further, to conform with US DOT width restrictions, we modified the rear passenger hand rail (which also serves to host the license plate) such that it can be easily removed and reinstalled when we're transporting the LSV via the lift on the rear of our motor coach - US DOT regs limit the width of trucks and motorhomes to a max. width of 102.5 inches while the Garia 2+2 is 110" (nose to tail) when the rear handrail is attached. By temporarily removing it while transporting it on our lift, we reduce the overall length of the LSV to 93" thus conforming to the regulation.

All the above stated, in some cases certain municipalities (cities) may have local ordinances against the use of LSVs on their public roads. It remains our responsibility to be knowledgeable of such and to comply but for the most part, our research has shown that most cities/counties across the USA have not established such ordinances and rely upon the Fed/State guidelines which in fact do permit such use provided such LSVs meets all US DOT and NHTSA protocols which our Garia 2+2 VIA does.

We easily understand and appreciate why most people see these Garia 2+2 LSVs as being a Golf Carts as there is still a lot of confusion around the differences between a Golf Cart (GC), a Neighborhood Electric Vehicle (NEV) and a Low Speed Vehicle (LSV). The principle difference being that GCs and NEVs are designed, engineered and manufactured to operate with a maximum speed capacity of 20 MPH or less while a true LSV is engineered and manufactured with a maximum obtainable speed of 25 MPHs. I know that doesn't sound like much of a difference but it is actually the means by which they are defined in the US Code of Federal Regulations per 49 CFR 571.

Should you care to or want additional info, please refer to the following (Paragraph 4- explains the difference) from the U.S. National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA);

https://one.nhtsa.gov/cars/rules/rulings/lsv/lsv.html
rewillia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 01:43 PM   #7
cgtech

Yamaha

Thanks for posting all that good info. Sounds like you got your "ducks in a row" on this one. AZ has similar laws pertaining to LSV licensing, with yours being slightly relaxed on how you can cross faster roads. Many people here will find this info useful, these questions come up quite a bit. Be careful out there, I was in an accident vs a minivan crossing a 45mph road on my LSV registered cart & it hurts (I was lucky, only 2 stitches, soreness & sprained wrist). The best priced insurance I found is less than $3 a month through State Farm & it served me well for my incident. I didn't know anyone had compiled a list of the rules for all 50 states, that's sweet. When I took my Yamaha golf cart tech training, they were quite thorough in describing the ANSI definitions of golf cart vs Ptv vs Lsv.
Old 03-14-2017, 04:32 PM   #8
Garia
Not Yet Wild

Nice to see that someone are doing proper research.

I worked with Garia for 10 years (until Dec. 2016) and have been involved with the development from the beginning.
In the early years I was responsible for the chassis frame and suspension design and later I became responsible for the electrical- and propulsion system development for the Via and test engineering.

It is so nice to see that Garia cars (not carts ) finally are taken seriously.
The first posts I saw in here was very condescending and people were laughing about the concept (mostly the price) with out knowing what the car really is.

Regarding the GC/ LSV they are very identical production wise.
The only things that are different are; software, contactor, seat belts, and mirrors for the early cars.
The Via is identical to the European "Monaco" model, with some exceptions like US approved lights, US approved seat belts and different software.

All the new car from the factory share parts and only "regulation related" parts are different.

I'm thinking about starting my own company, providing performance upgrades to the Garia cars, so please feel free to fill in with you wishes.

Br. Rasmus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewillia View Post
Yes, we use it on public roads where the posted speed limits are 35MPH or less. In fact, we can also cross roads where speed limits are greater up to 50 MPH and can legally drive it on roads >35 (<50) for up to 1/4-mile if connecting to another road where the limit is 35 MPH. (hope that makes sense).

In our case, our Garia 2+2 LSV has been legally titled and registered with official license plates issued by the State of Louisiana (our domicile) and also displays a valid State Vehicle inspection sticker. In fact, we were told by the LA DMV, that it was the 1st one to ever be registered in the State of Louisiana.

As we can expect to periodically be stopped by local Law Enforcement in both our home city & state as well as other cities & states, we carry with us (on/in the LSV) copies of 1) our State issued Motor-Vehicle Title which indicates it as being a certified LSV), 2) copy of our State Vehicle Registration (corresponding to the issued License Plate and also denoting it to be a LSV), 3) proof of insurance, 4) copy of the US DOT/ NHTSA regulations pertaining to the legally permitted use of qualifying LSVs on public roads and 5) a copy of the National Insurance Institution's publication of State laws (for all 50 contiguous states) pertaining to the legal use of these (LSVs) on respective public roads.

Further, to conform with US DOT width restrictions, we modified the rear passenger hand rail (which also serves to host the license plate) such that it can be easily removed and reinstalled when we're transporting the LSV via the lift on the rear of our motor coach - US DOT regs limit the width of trucks and motorhomes to a max. width of 102.5 inches while the Garia 2+2 is 110" (nose to tail) when the rear handrail is attached. By temporarily removing it while transporting it on our lift, we reduce the overall length of the LSV to 93" thus conforming to the regulation.

All the above stated, in some cases certain municipalities (cities) may have local ordinances against the use of LSVs on their public roads. It remains our responsibility to be knowledgeable of such and to comply but for the most part, our research has shown that most cities/counties across the USA have not established such ordinances and rely upon the Fed/State guidelines which in fact do permit such use provided such LSVs meets all US DOT and NHTSA protocols which our Garia 2+2 VIA does.

We easily understand and appreciate why most people see these Garia 2+2 LSVs as being a Golf Carts as there is still a lot of confusion around the differences between a Golf Cart (GC), a Neighborhood Electric Vehicle (NEV) and a Low Speed Vehicle (LSV). The principle difference being that GCs and NEVs are designed, engineered and manufactured to operate with a maximum speed capacity of 20 MPH or less while a true LSV is engineered and manufactured with a maximum obtainable speed of 25 MPHs. I know that doesn't sound like much of a difference but it is actually the means by which they are defined in the US Code of Federal Regulations per 49 CFR 571.

Should you care to or want additional info, please refer to the following (Paragraph 4- explains the difference) from the U.S. National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA);

https://one.nhtsa.gov/cars/rules/rulings/lsv/lsv.html
Garia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 06:59 AM   #9
RRSSVR
Not Yet Wild

I am about to take delivery of my Garia Via and am interested in performance upgrade. I read another post of sped up to 35-37 mph. What does it take to get this kind of speed out of the vehicle?
RRSSVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 03:46 PM   #10
InVision
Crazy Buggy Wild !!

Club Car

We got 33-34 MPH from our 2+2 LSV. If I had it to do over I would get a Lith LSV 2+2 and have Dr Rasmus (Member Garia) get and program a controller. He is the Garia expert, period. Have been talking to him since 2013 via email. BTW - he told me I would have to change the gear ratio if I wanted more speed. Tempting but the low end on mine is incredible.

Enjoy your ride !!

M
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2020-01-09 at 14.55.07 PM.jpg (93.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2020-01-09 at 14.56.54 PM (2).jpg (89.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4774.jpg (83.7 KB, 0 views)
InVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides