lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Advertising Information / Forum Rules / Testing > Test Post
Test Post Test your Sig, Avatar, or images here.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-28-2017, 02:15 PM   #21
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Apple i5s picture rotation test

Volume buttons were up. How can you possibly see any buttons in that reflection or even what kind of phone it is?
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-28-2017, 02:27 PM   #22
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I trusted you on the phone model, but it looked like your fingers on the left hand were out of the way of the camera lens, that is why I said volume buttons down.

Whatever device resized the photo to the 2048 pixel forum limit correctly rotated the picture to proper orientation.

Maybe the site admins added the functionality to the attachment upload function, so upside down/sideways pictures may no longer be an issue.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 02:34 PM   #23
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
I trusted you on the phone model, but it looked like your fingers on the left hand were out of the way of the camera lens, that is why I said volume buttons down.

Whatever device resized the photo to the 2048 pixel forum limit correctly rotated the picture to proper orientation.

Maybe the site admins added the functionality to the attachment upload function, so upside down/sideways pictures may no longer be an issue.
Yea, maybe no longer an issue.
In the 6 the camera lens is on the bottom right with the volume buttons up. Same side of the phone (right side when in landscape) I took the picture with the thumb of my left hand pressing the home button.

Also I think the 5s is the same. I didn't use tappatalk either.
Old 03-28-2017, 03:15 PM   #24
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post

I had a thought. This picture is of the front of an RXV. You should be able to see the entire front end including part of the front seat and the front bumper and tires. Can you see all that? It occurred to me that I took it with an iphone and am looking at it on a 27" Mac. Maybe on a PC or a small screen you might see only the the body (hood if you will) and might be just a dark blue or black background with a reflection in it.
Old 03-28-2017, 03:54 PM   #25
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

When you open the large photo it shows pretty clear.

The jpeg exif-header of your picture still contains a thumbnail (adobe XMP section), which normally is removed from the jpeg when resized.

The iPhone pictures are much larger than 2048 pixels, so it was definitely resized.

How exactly did you upload the image directly from the phone, just from the phone browser?
Old 03-28-2017, 04:04 PM   #26
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Yes, directly from safari. No additional software other than what is standard on the phone. Made the post just like I would have on a Mac or PC.
Just looked at it on a win10 PC. Looks the same to me as it does on the Mac or the phone.
Old 03-28-2017, 04:22 PM   #27
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The native picture on your iPhone should be much better, the 8MP camera shoots and stores at a resolution of 3264x2448 pixels.

The maximum pixel on the site is 2048, so even the larger image you see is 2048x1536 pixels.

The resized photo on the site no longer has the jpeg exif orientation tag, so it will show properly on any program or browser (old or new).

I was just curious if the resizing occurred on your side or just the regular forum upload background process can now rotate the images as it resizes them.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Advertising Information / Forum Rules / Testing > Test Post